FTB Infinity "crashes" on loading screen.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

SoopaDerpcat

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Infinity "crashes" on loading screen.
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity 1.7
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I just recently decided to try giving the Feed the Beast modpack a try, and I'm having a bit of...well, a LOT OF trouble getting it to start up. It will usually get a good way into the loading process (by this I'm talking about the white screen with the red progress bars and the Minecraft Forge logo in the bottom-right corner), sometimes seemingly near to
completion, but then the window suddenly shrinks to a single pixel high, and everything just halts. No matter how long I leave it up, the issue never resolves.

A few notes:

- I already disabled Fastcraft, since that's often stated to be the source of trouble.

- The FTB launcher profile I set up is the same name as my main Minecraft profile, not sure
if that's a no-no.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Does it happen always? I've had same problem but only randomly.

SoopaDerpcat

Jul 29, 2019
@mc.crab
At signup it told me I couldn't post any links until I had already made at least 5 other posts, so at the moment I'm afraid
that I can't post the log, and there also doesn't seem to be any way for me to set a program to open the .log.gz files, so I
can't tell you what's in it, either.

@jikuja
Yes, every single time as far as I can tell. Sometimes I THINK the splash screen just closes itself, too.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
in addition to those .log.gz files there should be fml-client-latest.log. Put that to pastebin, if it doesn't allow you to post the link, either post the ending of the link or remove the . to make it not look like a link.

SoopaDerpcat

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this is all I could figure out to do since the file was too big for pastebin and I didn't want to leave anything out:

.mediafire.com/download/26cn69pt12sw23e/fml-client-latest.log

(paste that in the URL bar and then add the h t t p : / / w w w to the beginning.)

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Can't find anything wrong in the log but one thing you could try is to disable the splash screen. In your config folder in splash.properties change the enabled=true to false.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
You're version of java is out of date. Remove all versions of java and update to the latest java 8. Also check for an update for your video card drivers.

SoopaDerpcat

Jul 29, 2019
I updated my Java; this time I got the title screen to load, but when I tried to start a world it crashed.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Allocate more memory to FTB.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Depending on how much RAM you have in your computer, but usually giving more than 4GB is not recommended.