FTB Infinity 1.5.1 Constant crash after Computer Restart.

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

ZcrazyG

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
FTB Infinity 1.5.1 Constant crash after Computer Restart.
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Today with no players on the server, my computer shutdown and restarted. When i tried to run the server again after it booted back up, it would start loading partway up then crashing.

ZcrazyG

Jul 29, 2019
ok after more looking and talking with some of the guys here on chat. they have pointed me in the direction of this being a conduit issues from looking at the crash log i posted.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Crashing on conduit TileEntityRedNetEnergy(x=47,y=61,z=922)@747576053

I have been able to open up the my world in MCedit and navigate to this area and there is not actually a Block in that coordinate. I am however able to fill that specific coordinate with a standard stone block but when i attempt to save my world using the latest version of MCedit, it just sits there and does nothing. If I close MCedit and reload the world the stone block is gone, so it is NOT saving what i am doing.

I have also attempted to follow the instructions on
http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeas...eentitiesentities_crashing_your_serversingle/

#################

Here is how to fix it:

• Download NBTexplorer.
  • Goto http://dinnerbone.com/minecraft/tools/coordinates/ and in the Block Information section enter in those coordinatess of the offending block. my numbers are 47,61,922
  • Write down Both the X and Z from the chunk coordinates section. Chunk section Information 2,3,57
  • Write down the region file in from region information. Filename: r.0.1.mca
  • If working on a server: Download the file from the server.
  • Open NBT Explorer and browse to the folder where the file is saved.
  • Find the region that you wrote down. eg r.-1.-5.mcr. r.0.1.mca
Once i get to this point things are not accurate or clear and i think that has something to do with this being more than a year old.
  • On the coordinate page in the Region Information there is a line that says "This region contains -32,-160" Take the absolute value of the Chunk Information X(for me its 11) and add it to the x value from the region information. (For me its -32. -32 + 11 = |-21|) Ok what? I see, This region contains chunk sections 0,0,32 to 31,15,63. So my chunk section information is 2,3,57 and my region information is 0,0,32. That gives me a 2,979?
  • Repeat the above step for the Z Chunk. For my example (-160 + 152 = |-8|)
The numbers above do not make sence for what i am seeing on my end no matter what number i add together and this is where i am lost...
  • Scroll through the list to your chunk followed by the [X,Z] that you just found. For me its Chunk[21,8]
  • When you open the chunk there is a folder called Level. There are two fields called xPos and zPos. These should match the values from the Chunk Information.
  • Once you have found the Level that matches open the TileEntities and find the entity that matches the exact coords for the offending conduit. I would recommend using the search function and by name and value, Name can be lowercase x, y, or z and the value would be the matching number. Keep pressing find next till you find the exact coords.
  • Delete the entry for that block.
  • Save your changes and your done.
  • Either reupload the region file if working on a server or Launch FTB if your playing on a single player world.
################

Also, can i just search for the coordinates in NBT explorer? if so HOW? I have tried using the search but it returns no results...

ZcrazyG

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so here now almost 9 hours of digging with NTB explorer for the location of the coordinates causing the problem. I have discovered that, the problem regarding the coordinates Listed aboved at 47,61,922 and me not seeing it in MC edit was due to the fact that it was from one of the items in the surrounding blocks trying to PLACE an item in that area illegally. In this particular location on the server there was a setup of a MFR Block Placer and Open Blocks Blockbreaker. These two items were connected together with BC stone transport pipes and activated with a lever. Somehow a rednet energy conduit was picked up by the transport pipe or placed into the Block Placer at some point. This has somehow caused the error. The Block Placer attempts to place the Block and the Block breaker attempts to break it and Well at the same time the Rednet energy cable is trying to work out how to connect to each block it is next to. That just happened to be doing all that in that particular coordinate set i was getting the error from.

Hope this helps someone in the future. If some one can please update the above post with more recent information so the next person does not have to do 8 hours of diging that would be nice. Ill update it as well if I find anything.