FTB in the normal minecraft launcher NEI not working

tekkkie

Jul 29, 2019
Hello All!

(All of the below is for ftb Ultimate)

Playing ftb via the official ftb launcher is terrible for me. I get 10 fps if I'm lucky, usually around 3.

I found that I can fix this by copying all mods to the normal minecraft launcher.
If I then start if up with minecraft 1.4.7 I can play as normal.
All mods work, the client is stable at around 100 fps.
The only problem is that I can no longer use NEI. I would really like it back because it is a great help with all the recipes in the game.

Does anyone know why everything works except NEI? And more importantly does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
Tekkkie (blackthijs0)

If you need more information just let me know.

Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
In Ultimate NEI is still a core mod so you also need to copy over that folder. If you have that folder as well try pressing the 'o' button, the letter not the number. If this is not your problem please explain how NEI does not work.

tekkkie

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply

I also copied the map with core mods, I even copied the required files to the .jar

NEI is not working in the sense that is not showing at all.
Pressing 'o' doesn't work. It's like I don't have the mod. I get no icons in the top left. I can't see recipes when clicking on item, not when clicking in machines. I can't even see how much charge my jet pack has left (I get the standard minecraft damage, but not x/30.000 eu value)

In the main menu I get the 'mods' button on the lower right corner. All mods are there even NEI, but when I click NEI I get red text saying no plugins are installed.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
The plugins can be downloaded here. The icons in the top left are dependent on which mode you are in. If you have the options button or the icons on the right then NEI is working you probably just need the plugins.

tekkkie

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, that is not it.

I just checked with a friend, both he and I get the 'no installed plugins' via the official ftb launcher and NEI works just fine.

If you have the options button or the icons on the right then NEI is working you probably just need the plugins.

I don't have the options button or the icons on the right. I got nothing at all.

edit: Added a picture of ftb, started via the official launcher. The message 'no installed plugins' is visible here aswell

Attachments

• plugin.PNG
    plugin.PNG
    144.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Does this happen with every world or just this one? If it happens with just that one try opening your saves folder and delete the NEI folder and the NEI.cfg file in the save folder. Does the minecraft console show any error? I just downloaded Ultimate to check and it shows 0 child mods and still works for me as well. The only thing I can suggest if there are no errors is to download the pack using the launcher. Make sure it works there and then try transferring it again.

tekkkie

Jul 29, 2019
Does this happen with every world or just this one?

It happens on all world and servers I play on. The console doesn't show any errors, because in the ftb launcher everything works.

Is there a console for the normal minecraft launcher (currently version 1.3.6) aswell?

I just threw away my entire .minecraft folder and re-added all the mods to the original minecraft and I get the same problem again.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
It happens on all world and servers I play on. The console doesn't show any errors, because in the ftb launcher everything works.
I'm not sure why then. It must be something you are not copying over or how you are copying it. Since it works in the launcher it must be something you did in transferring.

Is there a console for the normal minecraft launcher (currently version 1.3.6) aswell?
You will need to edit your profile to either 'Hide the launcher and reopen when the game closes' or 'keep the launcher open' This will allow you to see it and have it keep its info when the game closes. Now click on the top tab 'Development Console' that will give you a lot of information like the FTB launcher console does.

I just threw away my entire .minecraft folder and re-added all the mods to the original minecraft and I get the same problem again.
How are you installing forge? Did you install Forge? Which version?

tekkkie

Jul 29, 2019
How are you installing forge? Did you install Forge? Which version?

I installed forge by opening the .jar for minecraft. Removing the META-INF folder and copying in all files from the "instMods" folder in the normal Ultimate folder.

Added is the log file for opening ftb via the minecraft launcher. As you can see it says "[NotEnoughItems] Activating mod NotEnoughItems" and doesn't return any errors.

Attachments

• log.txt
    105.5 KB · Views: 46

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Have you added another mod or something like plugins? Are the other mods are loading? As in can you find say tin and copper and Thaumcraft items in your world? Have you tried changing the GUI size of the menus? If you've copied over the configs, core mods and mods folder then I'm out of any more ideas at the moment.

tekkkie

Jul 29, 2019
Have you added another mod or something like plugins? Are the other mods are loading? As in can you find say tin and copper and Thaumcraft items in your world? Have you tried changing the GUI size of the menus? If you've copied over the configs, core mods and mods folder then I'm out of any more ideas at the moment.

Thanks that you keep trying to help me.

Yes, I can find Copper, Tin, Thaumcraft shards, aluminium and all the other stuff in a new world I made to check.
I tried resizing the GUI.
I'm out of ideas aswell, that is why I posted on the forum =)

TurboBez

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Try using TooManyItems instead of NotEnoughItems.
It maybe don´t work but give it a try.

- TurboBez

NEXUS2345

Jul 29, 2019
Um, first TooManyItems would make his support request invalid. I have seen this problem before and the fix is simple. Go into the folder called 'config' and delete the file/folder 'NEI'

Gaz_

FTB App
Team Member
Web Developer
Global Moderator
Feb 4, 2013
Using anything but the ftb launcher is considered invalid.
You can try the following link but it may not apply to the launcher you are using.

http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting

Please follow these steps exactly: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting
This is to rule out any issues with your client setup.

If you continue to have trouble, please post your complete client-side console log in debug-mode to pastebin.com and link your paste URL here.
To find your logs: http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...29/1/what-log-do-you-need-where-can-i-find-it

If you have already completed some variation of these steps, please complete the steps, exactly as listed.

Please keep in mind that we cannot provide assistance for FPS-related issues. We can however send you places that can help.
(http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/inde...ew/48/0/what-support-cant-the-help-desk-offer)

This article has all of the suggestions we can provide for lag/FPS-related concerns:
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/30/2/why-is-my-game-lagging
[/spolier]