FTB Iinfinity Evolved -- Dirt Eroding/Disappearing?

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I know that endermen pick up blocks and make off with them now and then, but I've had an issue in my world for a long time now where large amounts of dirt just disappears across a whole area. It doesn't happen in strips of any sort but peppered around the area.

It's usually on the sides of hills and such, and it often happens underneath trees that I regularly harvest.

Is there something in this modpack that intentionally adds some sort of deterioration or soil erosion? Is there a known bug that when the world is loaded, sometimes blocks go missing? It doesn't happen in my base, but it happens often about 3-4 chunks away from my base--which is usually where I am when disconnect.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Thanks for the reply!

I wouldn't expect that to be the case, as I've flown all over the shoreline here and have never encountered the sucking force of a hungry node. And it's also spread out across the shoreline rather than concentrated in one place. I'm guessing hungry nodes act in a localized pattern? I've never dealt with one before, so there are some things about them that I don't know from just reading about them.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I've noticed the dirt disappearing in chunks that are frequently loaded but outside the mob load distance but that I visit now and then, so there shouldn't be endermen picking anything up since they would unload when I go back to my base. And there are no hungry nodes anywhere that I've found thus far. I'm thinking it must be some sort of loading issue, unless there is some sort of landscape deterioration mechanic in loaded chunks. My base doesn't experience it that I've noticed, and it is mixed sand, dirt, marble, glass, etc. It's also all lit up permanently.