FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about 1, but for 2, but for mid/late game power I highly suggest checking out the Endergenic Generator. Good luck figuring it out, though. ;)

My infused one is making somewhere around 12k RF/t. Getting it to work was a real challenge. I must have built 10-20 of them over the course of several days in my test world to try different sizes and play with timing. So completely worth it though. I have a Mekanism induction coil that is sitting over 8 billion RF stored atm.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

k9officer09

Jul 29, 2019
Just downloaded the pack and started a new world and i cant get nei to show up?? Did something go wrong

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a fast way of processing cobble into sand, in the order of 20/s?

The crusher from Mekanism. Upgrading it to the 7 slot factory version with speed upgrades should do that. Make sure to put the energy upgrades too or the RF cost is way to high to be worth the speed.

Reactions: TDarkShadow

UberAffe

Jul 29, 2019
I had botania installed for one of my friends and I found out how to do it that way pretty easily, but thanks, we will probably be getting that for ore processing.

I was doing this to make tnt for aura cascade.

Howard_Roark

Jul 29, 2019
I appear to have a problem with NEI and FtB Horizons: Daybreaker 1.1.0.

I just downloaded the 1.1.0 version of the pack and created a new world. I had no other version of Daybreaker prior to this. I am running a 100% default and clean version of 1.1.0. Everything about NEI appears to be running as normal except for one thing. So let me try to explain what the problem is. There is that big "Item Subsets" button on the top of the NEI interface. You click on that and other buttons drop down. I make it a habit to hover the mouse over the "Mods" button. Doing that reveals buttons for every mod. Hovering the mouse over a mod's button makes that mods items appear in a 1x1 scrolling window of items to the left of the "Mods" button, and I get a quick look through the items that each mod has to offer. So let's say you want to focus on one mod for the moment. You can double-click on that mod button. That makes only that mods items appear in the big list of items on the right, and it also greys out all the other buttons. To return NEI to normal, you double-click on the big "Item Subsets" button on the top, and that returns all the buttons from greyed-out to normal again. Well, with the 1.1.0 version of Daybreaker, my "Item Subsets" button appears normal but all the buttons inside it are greyed out and no icons appear to the left of those mod buttons. Yet, every item is listed to the right.... sometimes. Sometimes when I open NEI all I see are items from the Storage Drawers mod, for no apparent reason. And if I exit NEI and reopen it, every icon appears again. I've tried many things to get NEI working but nothing seems to help. Any ideas what might be going on here?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I appear to have a problem with NEI and FtB Horizons: Daybreaker 1.1.0.

I just downloaded the 1.1.0 version of the pack and created a new world. I had no other version of Daybreaker prior to this. I am running a 100% default and clean version of 1.1.0. Everything about NEI appears to be running as normal except for one thing. So let me try to explain what the problem is. There is that big "Item Subsets" button on the top of the NEI interface. You click on that and other buttons drop down. I make it a habit to hover the mouse over the "Mods" button. Doing that reveals buttons for every mod. Hovering the mouse over a mod's button makes that mods items appear in a 1x1 scrolling window of items to the left of the "Mods" button, and I get a quick look through the items that each mod has to offer. So let's say you want to focus on one mod for the moment. You can double-click on that mod button. That makes only that mods items appear in the big list of items on the right, and it also greys out all the other buttons. To return NEI to normal, you double-click on the big "Item Subsets" button on the top, and that returns all the buttons from greyed-out to normal again. Well, with the 1.1.0 version of Daybreaker, my "Item Subsets" button appears normal but all the buttons inside it are greyed out and no icons appear to the left of those mod buttons. Yet, every item is listed to the right.... sometimes. Sometimes when I open NEI all I see are items from the Storage Drawers mod, for no apparent reason. And if I exit NEI and reopen it, every icon appears again. I've tried many things to get NEI working but nothing seems to help. Any ideas what might be going on here?
Try deleting the NEI config file/the folder in the saves folder and tell me if that fixes it.

Howard_Roark

Jul 29, 2019
Try deleting the NEI config file/the folder in the saves folder and tell me if that fixes it.

I forgot to mention that as one of the many things I tried. In fact, I deleted the "FTBHorizonsII" folder so that the launcher would re-download and re-install the modpack. After downloading/installing a second time I ended up with the same result.

So now I started on a layman's process of trying to see if one of the upgraded or added mods is the culprit. My plan is to start with a 1.0.2 install and then graft onto that the added and updated mods found in 1.1.0. So, I deleted the FTBHorizonsII folder, ran the launcher, downloaded and installed the 1.0.2 version, created a new world with it, and NEI worked as normal. I exited and renamed that folder to "1.0.2 FTBHorizonsII". I ran the launcher, downloaded and installed the 1.1.0 version, created a new world, and NEI had the greyed out tabs. I exited and renamed that folder to "1.1.0 FTBHorizonsII". I renamed the "1.0.2 FTBHorizonsII" folder back to the default name. I added the five mods added to 1.1.0 (as per http://www.feed-the-beast.com/modpacks/FTBHorizonsII/changelog), copying the mods right from the "1.1.0 FTBHorizonsII" folder. I ran the launcher, changed the mod pack version to 1.0.2, and launched my world. NEI worked fine. Exited, then updated the mods as per that link five at a time, relaunched my world, tested NEI. I am up to mods that begin with the letter "D". So far, NEI is working fine.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I forgot to mention that as one of the many things I tried. In fact, I deleted the "FTBHorizonsII" folder so that the launcher would re-download and re-install the modpack. After downloading/installing a second time I ended up with the same result.

So now I started on a layman's process of trying to see if one of the upgraded or added mods is the culprit. My plan is to start with a 1.0.2 install and then graft onto that the added and updated mods found in 1.1.0. So, I deleted the FTBHorizonsII folder, ran the launcher, downloaded and installed the 1.0.2 version, created a new world with it, and NEI worked as normal. I exited and renamed that folder to "1.0.2 FTBHorizonsII". I ran the launcher, downloaded and installed the 1.1.0 version, created a new world, and NEI had the greyed out tabs. I exited and renamed that folder to "1.1.0 FTBHorizonsII". I renamed the "1.0.2 FTBHorizonsII" folder back to the default name. I added the five mods added to 1.1.0 (as per http://www.feed-the-beast.com/modpacks/FTBHorizonsII/changelog), copying the mods right from the "1.1.0 FTBHorizonsII" folder. I ran the launcher, changed the mod pack version to 1.0.2, and launched my world. NEI worked fine. Exited, then updated the mods as per that link five at a time, relaunched my world, tested NEI. I am up to mods that begin with the letter "D". So far, NEI is working fine.
Keep us updated this has afflicted myself and OnlyBentley on our LP as well :/

Reactions: Type1Ninja

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I have the NEI grayed buttons issues on 1.0.2, both on single player and on server. Didn't tested anything to solve that since it's not a big problem for me... (just type @modname to show only item from a certain mod)
But since my installation is not clean at all (added mods, different configs, updates and more) this is maybe not that important.
Anyways, people seems to be good at ignoring my posts so......
Not when I can read it because it's white on a dark background :D

Howard_Roark

Jul 29, 2019
I am up to mods that begin with the letter "D". So far, NEI is working fine.

As luck would have it, the next five mods I copied over from the 1.1.0 folder to the 1.0.2 folder included "extrautilities-1.2.8.jar". I launched my world and found that NEI had the greyed out buttons. I reverted to the older version of those five mods one at a time, relaunching my world after each downgrade. NEI had gray buttons until I downgraded the last of the five mods. The last of the five mods was "extrautilities-1.2.8.jar". I downgraded it to the default version found in 1.0.2 (extrautilities-1.2.6.jar). I launched my world and the NEI buttons were no longer greyed out. I updated the other four mods, then launched my world, and the NEI buttons were no longer greyed out. I updated Extra Utilities to 1.2.8 from 1.2.6, launched my world, and the NEI buttons were grey again. Downgraded to 1.2.6 again, and the NEI buttons were fine.

By the way, I deleted the two NEI folders in the "saves" folder as well as deleting the NEI folder in the "config" folder before launching FTB after each time that I updated or downdated the mod(s) so that each launch would start with a clean NEI. And the NEI version throughout this testing was "NotEnoughItems-1.7.10-1.0.4.107-universal.jar". Before all this testing and creating these two folders, I started to fix the greyed out NEI buttons by simply installing a new Daybreaker 1.1.0 and updating NEI to what is currently the most recent (v1.0.5.111) but that did not solve the greyed out buttons. However, this testing began with a clean install of Daybreaker 1.0.2 and 1.1.0, grafting the 1.1.0 files five at a time into the 1.0.2 folder, deleting all three NEI folders, and launching Daybreaker 1.0.2. I will continue to add the rest of the mods updated in the 1.1.0 version to my 1.0.2 folder five at a time and see if the NEI buttons grey out again, but it would appear that Extra Utilities 1.2.8 is at least the first culprit.

Howard_Roark

Jul 29, 2019
it would appear that Extra Utilities 1.2.8 is at least the first culprit.

It seems that Extra Utilities 1.2.8 is the only culprit.

I deleted the "FTBHorizonsII" folder so that the launcher would download and install an entirely clean and new instance of Daybreaker 1.1.0. Then I ran the launcher, downloaded and installed Daybreaker 1.1.0, and created a new world. The NEI buttons were greyed out. I shut down the launcher and FtB. I deleted "extrautilities-1.2.8.jar" from the mods folder and copied "extrautilities-1.2.6.jar" to the mods folder (which I got from my old Daybreaker 1.0.2 mods folder). Without deleting any of the three NEI folders, I ran the FtB launcher, started up Daybreaker 1.1.0, loaded up my world and tested NEI. The buttons were fine. No greyed out buttons.

By the way, prior to first launch after downgrading to "extrautilities-1.2.6.jar" there was a message about a missing item called an Ender Collector (Extra Utilities changelogs can be found here - http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225561-extra-utilities/files/2245576)

Last edited:

Howard_Roark

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that Extra Utilities 1.2.8 is the only culprit.

Well, not exactly. Downgrading to Extra Utilities 1.2.6 does fix the NEI greyed-out buttons issue but apparently the Redstonic mod author has claimed responsibility for that problem. I checked Extra Utilities github and found an issue posted 19 days ago regarding a conflict between Extra Utilities and Redstonic causing problems with NEI. The mod author of Redstonic commented in that issue and he claims the problem lies with his mod. I don't see any update regarding this issue but it might have something to do with the Redstonic author's comment that he had no computer last week.

The Extra Utilities github has an issue titled "ExtraUtilities (+ Redstonic) breaking NEI" which can be read here - https://github.com/rwtema/extrautilities/issues/678. Also, the Redstonic github has its own issue titled "Issue with Extra Utilities and Redstonic (NEI Subsets stop working)" which can be read here - https://github.com/Raizunne/Redstonic/issues/29

Kinnon21

Jul 29, 2019
I am having difficulty moving my storage books from the main world to the last millenium dimension. I grab a book from the bookshelf, take both over to the last millenium, put the bookshelf down, put the storage book inside, and now the storage book is blank, all items erased. My current work around is the teleposers from blood magic. Is there a special way I should be transporting these?

coneyaw

Jul 29, 2019
Since I can't be bothered to search through this whole thing, would someone like to tell me if there is an AE2-like crafting system at all in this pack? I've built one hell of a sorting system, but the storage scanner just tells me where stuff is, I would like something that has my items on demand. Is there any way to get my barrels and cabinets into one interface so that I don't have to physically touch them?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Since I can't be bothered to search through this whole thing, would someone like to tell me if there is an AE2-like crafting system at all in this pack? I've built one hell of a sorting system, but the storage scanner just tells me where stuff is, I would like something that has my items on demand. Is there any way to get my barrels and cabinets into one interface so that I don't have to physically touch them?
I believe EssentialCraft 3 has some good autocrafting.

CrouchingOcelot

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be happy to see EC updated to 4.6 in Daybreaker 1.1.0 , because void plates are annoying to look for in EC3-4.5.

I'm using a lot of EnhancedInventory chests, but at the same time I can see why EI is being removed (too crashy). Can anyone suggest an alternate storage system that will let me fit a lot of items into few amounts of blocks? Not looking forward to having billions of chests everywhere once the 1.1.0 update hits and the EI chests disappear

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be happy to see EC updated to 4.6 in Daybreaker 1.1.0 , because void plates are annoying to look for in EC3-4.5.

I'm using a lot of EnhancedInventory chests, but at the same time I can see why EI is being removed (too crashy). Can anyone suggest an alternate storage system that will let me fit a lot of items into few amounts of blocks? Not looking forward to having billions of chests everywhere once the 1.1.0 update hits and the EI chests disappear

RFTools
You have remote storage (total of 1200 items capacity, and wireless)
and normal Storage block (holds -i thought - up to 300 blocks, but can be upgraded for filter settings)
You also have Inventory manager (Im sure thats how its called) that scans block inventories. You can search an double click the item, the lock then comtaining the item will be highlighted (in case you really thought to have lost something

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk

Reactions: CrouchingOcelot