FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

Katz

Jul 29, 2019
How though?
On my client / server, it doesn't recognize the commands.
Wouldn't be easier to premake a EE3 values file?
What version of Daybreaker do you have installed?
1.10 has it automatically, all other versions you have to add it manually. That's what I did for 1.0.2. Just use /ee3h and read the instructions.

eadmund

Jul 29, 2019
You can't craft the EEPROM with the Manual after the EEPROM has been inserted once in a computer. Craft a new EEPROM with the Manual before putting it in.

Thanks. I don't think that information was anywhere in the docs I found.

I finally have a computer! Now, to figure out something cool to do with it…

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
You have to stand where the water wheel goes when you place the dynamo. They seem to be one sided. Also power can only come out of the top of them. As for getting power out, you can place an IE LV, MV, or HV connector on an energy cube and connect it to the dynamo. What I did to save running tons of cable was use Extra utilities energy transfer nodes on the top of each dynamo. I then used Ender transmitter and receivers to connect the dynamos wirelessly to my power storage. You just name the the transmitter and receivers in an anvil and they connect. It is especially useful for windmills so they can be high up to make more power.
But but... the wires are awesome! Of course I am a power lineman so I *MAY* be biased.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Kinnon21

Jul 29, 2019
Piping items into the bookshelf coordinator from aura cascade seems to cause some weird lag. All of the items eventually arrive, but causes what seems like tps lag.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I loved them until I realized how lossy they are. I realized later I could have changed the config, but I had a RF Entangler from Quantum flux by then. Once you have those, running wires long distance is over. Now I just put down an energy cube at each machine area with an exciter to power each small system.

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
What version of Daybreaker do you have installed?
1.10 has it automatically, all other versions you have to add it manually. That's what I did for 1.0.2. Just use /ee3h and read the instructions.
I have 1.10 but many items has lost their EMC values like Alchemical Coal :/

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I loved them until I realized how lossy they are. I realized later I could have changed the config, but I had a RF Entangler from Quantum flux by then. Once you have those, running wires long distance is over. Now I just put down an energy cube at each machine area with an exciter to power each small system.
But....wires....

Zetharion

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded version 1.1.0 from the Curse Voice Launcher but when I get to the menu screen it shows Version 1.0.2?

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded version 1.1.0 from the Curse Voice Launcher but when I get to the menu screen it shows Version 1.0.2?
I got same with ftb launcher, but 1.0.2 doesnt actually have immersive engineering. If you do have it in your mod list, it's 1.10

Alienfish25

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having a problem looking at the item subsets tab. I can open it up, but I can not look at any of the mods available in the pack. Is this supposed to be this way? If this is so, how can I fix this issue if at all possible.

-I made a new world in to see if this bug would again be present. Nei is turned off, but when turned on all items are present and accounted for. The item subsets tab works, but the question is what caused the issue in my first world. I have never had that happen to me before.

Last edited:

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Got a couple quick questions relating to my current playthrough:
1) Is there any way to put silk touch and/or fortune on an Immersive Engineering drill or a Geko's Lasers mining laser (either the wide or the precision, preferably the wide) that I missed? Failing that, is there any silk touch/fortune-capable RF digging tool (preferably one that can mine a wide hole) other than the redstonics one? Nothing against redstonics, it's just my last playthrough I used it and I like to change things up, keep it fresh.

2) What are the more interesting early/mid/late game power options? I'm probably going to go with Immersive Engineering options for this playthrough. Last playthrough was Survivalist Generator->Mekanism Advanced Solar Panels, before I decided to reset since I didn't really like the direction that world was taking. Not exactly the most imaginative power gen, and I'd kinda like to get away from it. Plus, more ideas to use in later playthroughs.

Reactions: TDarkShadow

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
1) Is there any way to put silk touch and/or fortune on an Immersive Engineering drill or a Geko's Lasers mining laser (either the wide or the precision, preferably the wide) that I missed? Failing that, is there any silk touch/fortune-capable RF digging tool (preferably one that can mine a wide hole) other than the redstonics one? Nothing against redstonics, it's just my last playthrough I used it and I like to change things up, keep it fresh.

2) What are the more interesting early/mid/late game power options? I'm probably going to go with Immersive Engineering options for this playthrough. Last playthrough was Survivalist Generator->Mekanism Advanced Solar Panels, before I decided to reset since I didn't really like the direction that world was taking. Not exactly the most imaginative power gen, and I'd kinda like to get away from it. Plus, more ideas to use in later playthroughs.
I don't know about 1, but for 2, but for mid/late game power I highly suggest checking out the Endergenic Generator. Good luck figuring it out, though. ;)

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019

1. RFDrills! Thermal Expansion-based version of the IC2 mining drill.

2. I like stuff I have to set up farms for, like TE's reactant dynamos. At its easiest it's just a sugarcane farm and a sewer with some cows on it, but you can go the more interesting mob drop route too (blaze powder, ghast tear, gunpowder, nether star) with some liquids like destabilized redstone or energized glowstone.

Edit: ignore my uselessness and inability to keep track of which tab I have open!

Last edited:
Reactions: Type1Ninja

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
1. RFDrills! Thermal Expansion-based version of the IC2 mining drill.

2. I like stuff I have to set up farms for, like TE's reactant dynamos. At its easiest it's just a sugarcane farm and a sewer with some cows on it, but you can go the more interesting mob drop route too (blaze powder, ghast tear, gunpowder, nether star) with some liquids like destabilized redstone or energized glowstone.
TE in Daybreaker? o_O
TE and RFDrills in Daybreaker? o_O

Depedro0o

Jul 29, 2019
Help! I updated my ftb horizonsII and enhancdd inventory along my stuff is gone how do i get my stuff back?? I really want to play again

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Help! I updated my ftb horizonsII and enhancdd inventory along my stuff is gone how do i get my stuff back?? I really want to play again

Revert to a backup and re-add the mod, or revert to a backup and wait for Gideon to push a new update fixing it.

Nonsanity

Jul 29, 2019
Another early-game and mid-game power option (in THIS pack ;)) is Quantum Flux—the Quantum Entropy Accelerator and Zero Point Extractor. (Special tip for the ZPE: it puts its max power out each and every side, so use them all.)

tommyTT

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just found out an interesting use for all the ruby and sapphire I had lying around (and chances are, you have too): convert them into diamonds. I don't know if someone mentioned that already, but if you craft a pale gem from Essential Craft 3 (not too hard to make), put it in a storage drawer and lock it (or any other kind of ore dictionary conversion, e.g. Mekanism?), then simply pump in all the sapphire and ruby. From there you can convert them in a similar fashion to either diamonds or emeralds, because the pale gem have the same ore dictionary entry... A little cheaty, but who cares. I now need to go back and set my miner to include those two ores again ...