FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
There is a recipe for filled oil canisters, btw. The next version will have oil re-enabled. And also Immersive Engineering. Because I know you all want that.

I added EI to my pack a bit ago, and I'm liking it more and more. Definitely a good pickup.

If I can suggest another cool addition, I've been toying with Recurrent Complex and other than needing to reduce the rate of structures spawning, the world feels far less empty. Also, you can select and save your structures to add to world gen in this world or another, or if you find talented builders, you can import their creations. I added it originally as a tool to move a building without having to brick by brick rebuild it, but the more I play with it the cooler it gets (I'm starting to build an RNG maze in a creative world.). My biggest want for this.mod's publicity is to see what the community is capable of without having to do full world downloads - just crop a building, export it, and place in a Dropbox.

http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecr...complex?_ga=1.136783792.1828454653.1426537289

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Elmazz

Jul 29, 2019
So placing a Magical Activator from essentialcraft 3 in my world made my save unplayable. I'm done with this mod.
Edit: Can't even MCEdit it out; MCEdit crashes when trying to load it up. I found an old backup, so I lost some progress. Aroma backup now installed.
Thanks for a warning... This mod seemed shady just by reading the in-game encyclopedia. Didnt know that it was THAT bad.

Kinnon21

Jul 29, 2019
Upon further experimenting it appears that essentialcraft3's Magical Activator doesn't like to be connected to an extra utilities pipe. In my earlier post, I didn't realize that one had connected. I'll submit a bug report. It is completely world breaking each time and as said earlier, MCEdit crashes when I load the world.

Ocirannor

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a good sub for tesseracts? Trying to use fusion reactor but power conducts get pulled into t. Looking for a way to pull out power

Kinnon21

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a good sub for tesseracts? Trying to use fusion reactor but power conducts get pulled into t. Looking for a way to pull out power
It is suggested on the minecraft forum that extra utilities energy transfer nodes will work with ender transmitter / receiver upgrades, but I haven't been successful in this. I can place them when I have 6 stabilizers on a 3000rf/t anomaly, but they won't fill with energy. If you can get it to work, please let me know.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't really played with long distance energy, but if there isn't any wireless energy sending mechanism.. thingy I can think of a roundabout way:
At your reactor: 2 Energy Cubes (first one is a buffer (optional)), A block placer, A block breaker, A RFmontior(from RFTools), Enderchest, Transfer node(item) with hyper-rationing pipe(ensurance)).
Back at base: Same, though here the second energy cube would be your main energy cube that's connected to some network.

Description:
The RF monitor can give a redstone pulse based on the energy level of a block. Configure it however you want. On redstone pulse break the energy cube with block breaker (if im correct it will keep it's internal buffer) and place it in the ender chest. The ender chest at base will be emptied through an transfer node, get the energy cube to a block placer and again with the RFTools monitor place it down and break it when empty to sent it back.
In the meantime a second cube might have already been filled and will be on his way.

It is a really round about way and I haven't tried anything of the sort but its what I could think off from the... (how did one say this in english.. xD) top of my head?

IF:
If the RFTools needs it's monitored block to stay in place, use teh extra buffer with the settings;
if(EnergyStorage > 0%)
or something like that.

If there are pipes that work with meta, use that.

Me:
I'm probably not going to do this, since I won't be bothered by RF shortage, so I might not need to make a (functional) Reactor. Simple Condensers is pretty OP in terms of power generation;
Cobble stone farm -> (For the sake of storage space) Quintuple Compressed Cobblestone -> Nether star -> Nether star generator.
Though I turned it off since my current system works fine on my 20 Solar Generators and 5 Turbine Generators from Mekanism.

Halkhan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an update for Daybreaker being released soon? 1.0.2 still has a few bugs interrupting my progress on a public server I'm playing on. Primarily the Mekanism Purification Chamber. I'm familiar with the fix but a public server doesn't usually add in individual mod updates and waits for a new server update. When can we expect Daybreaker 1.0.3?

If this was posted elsewhere in the FTB forums I missed it. I did look for it.

Thanks,

Kinnon21

Jul 29, 2019
So I wound up using an energy cube from mekanism and upgraded it a few times. Stuck it to the fusion reactor controller so it could draw power. I put a teleposer from blood magic underneath and set up another teleposer in my base. So, with a simple push of a button I can send my cube back and forth as needed, or if I really feel like it I could set up two cubes and some simple redstone logic to automate it.

Strange

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to void liquid in Daybreaker? I'm sat staring at rather too much slickwater :(

eadmund

Jul 29, 2019
It is suggested on the minecraft forum that extra utilities energy transfer nodes will work with ender transmitter / receiver upgrades, but I haven't been successful in this. I can place them when I have 6 stabilizers on a 3000rf/t anomaly, but they won't fill with energy. If you can get it to work, please let me know.

They gummed up when I tried to feed power straight into universal cables or machines, but seem to work okay when power is fed into energy pipes.

Kinnon21

Jul 29, 2019
I can't find a use for tritanium blocks, and no way to turn them back to ingots. The ingots won't compact into blocks in the compacting drawer. Also, I can't make the tritanium dust. Will this be implemented in the next patch?

EchoingZen

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I wish EE3 didn't utterly overpower this pack. My first real experience with the mod. I love the idea, but wow.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Man, I wish EE3 didn't utterly overpower this pack. My first real experience with the mod. I love the idea, but wow.
EE3 is a bit OP and requires restraint to use. I usually just don't use it at all but in our current LP we have dabbled in it and I feel dirty

Dubwizer

Jul 29, 2019
EE3 is a bit OP and requires restraint to use. I usually just don't use it at all but in our current LP we have dabbled in it and I feel dirty

Yes I think that the problem with EE3 is that it doesn't cost anything: thermodynamic laws are broken :)

EE3 could destroy some EMC at each transmutation or require some fuel. And... compressed cobble shouldn't have an EMC

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
you... can also choose to ignore EE3. The only reason it's in is probably because of simple condensers as new mod. I use it because I don't feel like going up and down the mine every time. Even if compressed cobblestone has an EMC, since the EE3 bug not all the items have an EMC. So still need to craft and turn on my quarry once in a while.