FTB Horizons: Daybreaker Discussion

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps you should invest in a remote-controlled mower, so you can mow from the safety of the shady areas of your house and yard? Or maybe you've got enough acreage to mow that a cabin-based mower would be feasible? Preferably one with airconditioning I would imagine! :D

I'm looking at playing this pack and I was wondering if there's a steep learning curve to the mods if one doesn't know anything about them, being rarely or never-used mods on FTB prior to this pack's release?

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
I wouldn't say steep but there are some mods that I haven't been able to find a good spot light or documentation.

That having been said I'm having a ball.

The_Hob290

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't say steep but there are some mods that I haven't been able to find a good spot light or documentation.

That having been said I'm having a ball.
Yeah for me i got into the idea of modular armor but there is nothing out there about it, i only figured out how to use it when randomly left clicking while holding the pants and missing my door.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Malaclypse

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah for me i got into the idea of modular armor but there is nothing out there about it, i only figured out how to use it when randomly left clicking while holding the pants and missing my door.

So, let me ask about Modular Armour.

I built a set, but I can't figure out how it works. I know I can right click while holding a piece of armor, which brings up a customization screen. There's a tab on the right that has a crafting grid and some buttons, which I think is where I'm supposed to build the modular bits, right? I can click on the recipes button, and see a bunch of stuff, but then what? It seems like your supposed to find the module you want and then click the "Add upgrade?" button, but that only seems to work on a few things.

For instance, I managed to get the Leadstone Energy upgrade on my helmet, but I can't seem to add anything else, like the other energy upgrades or the solar charging one. Then I charged up that helmet, and put it on, and I don't get any little armor shields above my health bar. I do see the shields when I wear a plain old iron helmet. Am I doing something wrong?

nolaw70

Jul 29, 2019
So, let me ask about Modular Armour.

I built a set, but I can't figure out how it works. I know I can right click while holding a piece of armor, which brings up a customization screen. There's a tab on the right that has a crafting grid and some buttons, which I think is where I'm supposed to build the modular bits, right? I can click on the recipes button, and see a bunch of stuff, but then what? It seems like your supposed to find the module you want and then click the "Add upgrade?" button, but that only seems to work on a few things.

For instance, I managed to get the Leadstone Energy upgrade on my helmet, but I can't seem to add anything else, like the other energy upgrades or the solar charging one. Then I charged up that helmet, and put it on, and I don't get any little armor shields above my health bar. I do see the shields when I wear a plain old iron helmet. Am I doing something wrong?

Depends on what version you are using, possibly. The version that came with Daybreaker 1.00 seemes to have been broken to the point it was un-usable, but the mod author was very responsive and released a fixed version yesterday that is in the latest Daybreaker releases. You may want to upgrade and check things out, if it still does not work after that then post your question in the thread for the mod in the Mods section of these forums and I am confident you will receive a prompt answer.

Cee Jay

Jul 29, 2019
You can add the upgrades by just putting the recipe you see in the list into the crafting grid and it will auto-detect. I'm unable to get the sliders working in the current version though.

Lukipie

Jul 29, 2019
So I was looking at advanced generators as something to use later on powering complex dimensions and whatnot. But there doesn't seem to be any fuels available to run them, apart from i guess galacticraft fuel may work (have not checked). Even then oil is a pain to acquire, especially in large quantities. Are the plans to add more or am i missing something?

Edit: i just noticed Syngas actually might be available too

Logan Kanters

Jul 29, 2019
Is there an item in Daybreaker that lets you move chests while keeping everything in them?
New to EVERY mod in this pack so some help would be great :) thanks :D

Malaclypse

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. One more question. Is there something that can mine 3x3 stone like the hammer in Tinkers Contruct?
Thanks for the quick response :D

I've been using a Magnanimous Hammer for 3x3 mining, since I found a couple of Magnanimous Trees while looking for a spot to build my base. I'm almost out of the materials to make more of them, though (see http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/229392-magnanimous-tools for details).

I also built a Wide Mining laser (from Geko's Lasers: https://bitbucket.org/Geko_X/gekos-lasers/wiki/Home), but the version that shoots 3x3 holes doesn't hold much of a charge, and the versions that hold more of a charge also dig much bigger holes, which isn't what I'm looking for either. Once I get some sort of wireless charging from Quantum Flux, maybe I'll use it more.

I think Redstonic drills have a version that digs 3x3 holes, but I haven't built one of those yet.

Anyone found any other cool mining tools? I've been kind of bouncing around between mods, so I'm sure I've missed some.

Edit: What's the RR Pickaxe? The only thing I can think that RR might stand for is Refined Relocation, but I don't think that has any pickaxes.

Pandastyl

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using a Magnanimous Hammer for 3x3 mining, since I found a couple of Magnanimous Trees while looking for a spot to build my base. I'm almost out of the materials to make more of them, though (see http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/229392-magnanimous-tools for details).

I also built a Wide Mining laser (from Geko's Lasers: https://bitbucket.org/Geko_X/gekos-lasers/wiki/Home), but the version that shoots 3x3 holes doesn't hold much of a charge, and the versions that hold more of a charge also dig much bigger holes, which isn't what I'm looking for either. Once I get some sort of wireless charging from Quantum Flux, maybe I'll use it more.

I think Redstonic drills have a version that digs 3x3 holes, but I haven't built one of those yet.

Anyone found any other cool mining tools? I've been kind of bouncing around between mods, so I'm sure I've missed some.

RR Pickaxe from Routers reborn can be used as 1x1, 3x3 or 5x5 mining, You can place torches with left click (unlimited torches),
It acts as Pick, Axe and a showel annnd you can recharge it with RF or with redstone + levels on Anvil :)

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't checked 1.0.2 yet and couldn't find a changelog, but has there already been an update for the EE3 values? Cuz I keep putting relatively normal values in, but sometimes he just doesn't want to use the value... for some reason "itemName": "minecraft:redstone_torch". Could be this is an oreblock, but didn't find any documentation on it (Searched for like a few minutes and I'm comfortable with what I have), but things like
"oreName": "mekanism:item.osmiumIngot" AKA Mekanaism don't work for me.

For those interested:
http://bit.ly/1e3Niv8
http://bit.ly/1e3Niv8
I really only added a few, but there are some things EE3 calculates automatically, such as it now knows drawers since it can make chests.
I used the id names I found in the github folder, so there shouldn't be much wrong with them, thermal foundation doesn't work by the way

EDIT:
The changes to the values I made are (somewhat) organized below the
//===================
Down the document

Reactions: Psychicash