Ftb growth seed growing problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

evilbreed83

Jul 29, 2019
I can grow seeds, and mutate em, but i'm trying to get stronger seeds other than 1/1/1 i've checked ftb, i've watched tutorial vids and followed em exactly, even the vids playing the same pack. my issue is when i plant say a seed to grow wheat, and then i plant other crops around it to grow stronger seeds days and days go by in the game and nothing grows, i've tried 3 different types of seeds in a few different configurations to see if that matters and nothing, i'm not familiar with the mod pack so if anyone could help me out i'd appreciate it. And yes i know you have to use 2 sets of crop sticks in a single mound of dirt to get the wheat to spread but it isn't.

Attachments

• 2015-05-19_06.15.58.png
    2015-05-19_06.15.58.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 137

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Check in the configs, there may be an option to disable it.

Also, when a crop spreads it doesn't guarantee a "boost" in stats, it's only a chance. And when the crop is 1/1/1 it's slow to grow, slow to spread, etc. So you may find yourself having to wait a few crop-growth cycles for it to spread, and "boost".

Also, I advise you use a sprinkler, as it increases growth, so at least you won't be waiting as long :)

evilbreed83

Jul 29, 2019
well there is something wrong because i've literally spent 2 real days waiting to see if a seed would grow from a weak seed and it isn't growing, i've went into cheat mode to try a sprinkler system and nothing, i went into creative mode and it isn't working there either, i can't really progress to much when i'm waiting forever for seeds to grow.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
well there is something wrong because i've literally spent 2 real days waiting to see if a seed would grow from a weak seed and it isn't growing, i've went into cheat mode to try a sprinkler system and nothing, i went into creative mode and it isn't working there either, i can't really progress to much when i'm waiting forever for seeds to grow.
You need to harvest and replant the wheat. It cannot spread when fully grown

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I can grow seeds, and mutate em, but i'm trying to get stronger seeds other than 1/1/1 i've checked ftb, i've watched tutorial vids and followed em exactly, even the vids playing the same pack. my issue is when i plant say a seed to grow wheat, and then i plant other crops around it to grow stronger seeds days and days go by in the game and nothing grows, i've tried 3 different types of seeds in a few different configurations to see if that matters and nothing, i'm not familiar with the mod pack so if anyone could help me out i'd appreciate it. And yes i know you have to use 2 sets of crop sticks in a single mound of dirt to get the wheat to spread but it isn't.

Just looked again and see cracked sand. I assume this is Regrowth?

If so did you know you need to grow crops on tilled Garden Soil (rather than regular dirt)? There's an FAQ for this pack - it's the second post here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/1-7-10-regrowth-a-wip-hqm-pack-now-listed.57184/

evilbreed83

Jul 29, 2019
Then you must've seen wrong because its always been like that, and always will be.
Crops only spread/mutate when fully grown
Found the problem, it was the modpack, i had to uninstall and re-install the game and now it works perfectly, that makes the 3rd time i had to re-install this pack for problems

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you figured it out! Sorry to lead you down a false trail there. It occurred to me later that you actually only need garden soil for the more advanced crops (it's been a while since early Regrowth), but I wasn't online at the time.