FTB Getting A Lot of Love at Minecon

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Alice

Jul 29, 2019
Just watching Gamespot's coverage of Minecon on Twitch, and FTB is getting a whole lot of love .... which is awesome!

Also .... for the females of this forum (and maybe some of the men) Bdoubleo100 is hot!! :p

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
The panel mindcrackers from left to right:
KurtJMac (the one with the bowtie), GenerikB (with the green shirt), PyroPuncher (the young guy), PauseUnPause (the badass bald guy), GuudeBoulderFist (the fluffy awesome guy), Docm77 (with the hat), BlameTheController (with a brown jacket) and Bdoubleo100 (the handsome guy)

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
Positive direction is that the truth about tekkit is reaching the masses. Slowpoke was banned and thread deleted when he asked why optifine and mo'creatures was still in the pack.

Reactions: Judgebot

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, in fact the moderators over there do not tolerate slandering FTB. Let's keep this thread in a positive direction?

Just to clarify that that works both ways rules:-

1. Be respectful. No racist, sexist or homophobic comments will be tolerated.
2. Be polite do not use obscenities or engage in name-calling.

this includes people who don't use this forum.

Killerx09

Jul 29, 2019
Positive direction is that the truth about tekkit is reaching the masses. Slowpoke was banned and thread deleted when he asked why optifine and mo'creatures was still in the pack.

Did slowpoke himself or anyone else confirm this? Because I highly doubt it.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
The thread was deleted and someone there said he was banned... not sure about it and well... it does not matter anyway. I also don't know the reason, since the thread isn't there anymore. The permission issue would soon rise again with XYCraft.

And I don't think they should care about tekkit. The FTB-Launcher has a long way to go but it already is doing pretty good and I guess everybody is rather improving the launcher than depreciating tekkit. With some refining they have all they need to have to offer a solid alternative. If they keep up communicating and cooperating with the developers FTB has a great future.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Did slowpoke himself or anyone else confirm this? Because I highly doubt it.

It is true, slowpoke was banned from the technic forums and the feed the beast thread was deleted. We do not know the exact reason but it appears it was due to too much drama between technic and FTB users. As added drama is the last thing that is needed between the 2 packs. Since it distracts from the fact that both pacts goal is to make modded minecraft easier for the masses, they just go about it with different approaches. With one focusing more on the user and their experience and the other more focused on the modders and working with them.

Reactions: Deimos56

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this whole Tekkit drama doesn't spill over to these forums. Don't get me wrong, I prefer a mod pack that has permissions from the creators of the mods it integrates (hence my preference of FTB). However, IMHO the whole drama surrounding Tekkit and permissions is probably best left to private conversations between the mod creators and the Tekkit staff. The community should just focus on having fun and providing the mod creators with any support they need (constructive feedback, good bug reports, $ :)). After all, neither Tekkit nor FTB would exist without the mods. Like someone else said in a thread that was deleted (thankfully) yesterday: Less Drama More Playing.

Back on topic: Props to Dan200 for mentioning FTB when asked what his favorite mod pack within Technic launcher was, 37:07. Although he did mention it at the end "Or Feed The Beast". Also, for those of you looking to get into modding that video is full of great advice from great modders, but my favorite was LazerTester, he had some very inspirational words and great advice.

vibur

Jul 29, 2019
Like someone else said in a thread that was deleted (thankfully) yesterday: Less Drama More Playing..
It's unfortunate that thread was deleted as there were some good comments towards the end of it in the less-drama-more-minecraft direction that everyone should take to heart.

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really agree. More attention towards how technic is run without permissions, aka drama, will ultimately force them into fixing it, or shutting down. The less-drama-more-playing additude would suit technic perfectly.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really agree. More attention towards how technic is run without permissions, aka drama, will ultimately force them into fixing it, or shutting down. The less-drama-more-playing additude would suit technic perfectly.

Why should they care? Drama is such a self-feeding beast. Drama will only produce more drama, normally without any side-effects. Remember the FlowerChild - eloraam drama? It goes on for a whole year now... the only side-effect is that both mods have two types of windmills and some serious hatred... not sure if that could be called an achievement.

canilsen

Jul 29, 2019
Can't really see how that is comparable. What I ment is, that everytime someone mentions permissions and technic, it is brushed away as "drama". If this "drama" vanished, technic would never have a reason to fix it.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't we all stick to the thread topic? This is, afterall, all about FTB getting love at Minecon, not about Technic/Tekkit :)

Attempting to get the thread back on track, again: Anyone else found some noteworthy mentions of FTB on GameSpot's coverage?