FTB getting a bit stale.. Tips to make it better?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kaufman1

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been playing FTB for about a month now. I am one of those people who plays a game for a couple of months and gets bored and plays a different one. I love this mod but it is complicated I don't know what to do and I got bored (If that makes sense) I am playing the Mindcrack pack on a server.

Can you guys give me suggestions of builds I should make (Example: Soul shard blaze spawner that has tubes sending the blaze rods to generators which then power an MFE.) Just random builds I can do that are pretty time consuming.

I want to do more things with machines, but I don't know what I can do. I am making UU already and have advanced jetpack and quantum gear.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Have you made a Fusion Reactor yet?

My trick is to just make a goal, and then make mental bullet points on what I need to get there. It usually paints a pretty obvious path that I need to take.

Ewokz750

Jul 29, 2019
There's always the classic motivation as well: Grand builds.

Making a cool build which contains some sort of large scale and elaborate system can keep me occupied for a few weeks. When you consider the things people build in vanilia, FTB can be pretty amazing, micro blocks alone are excellent but combined with hundreds of other blocks you can create some impressive buildings. With machines you can then give those buildings a purpose unlike vanilia.

Remember as well you can always go larger and better. Machines can fill larger orders or produce more power, which can be in turn used to help you gather more resources to upscale your machines/power. A world killer would be pretty cool, something 100's of blocks wide consisting of mining wells that basically eats the world. You'd need a ton of power to keep it running though.

The Ultimate and last machine I've imagined was to create a giant frame machine that builds cities, including power plants, labs, plantations etc. Basically everything a player could ever need. The machine would then tour the world, heading in changing numbers of x and z, terraforming the land all the way until the edge-lands. With a few of these you'd have a world ripe with developed cities that could each provide all you needed. I can't think of a more end game device than this, though it would be a nightmare to create with builders currently broken, I suppose an army of turtles living on the frame machine alongside all the infrastructure to supply them could do this. Randomizing the cities layout would have to be a given as well of course :D The amount of planning for this would be ungodly, then there's the redstone/coding problem.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Make a new world with hardcore configs while on hardcore hard mode. NOT STALE ANYMORE.

Goodluck not starving to death your first hour.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
1) look at all of the mods in the mindcrack pack and start using the ones you havent used before. 2) when building machines and contraptions and buildings make them look nice not just a straight line of machines or square buildings. 3) automate everything and dont use quarrys for mats or free power for energy.