ftb friendly mods?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KILLAKAN10

Jul 29, 2019
okay the ftb modpack is one of the best games i played in my life but its just getting boring now and i decided to try new mods.
BUT none of the mods i tried worked (excluding flans mod dimensional doors and treecapitaor). :(
anybody know any mods that are "ftb friendy"?
if so please send a link and name of mod.
thankyou:)
thumbs up this thread if you saw that huge "but" coming :D
back, been a while so I have found new mods that work with FTB:
runic dust mod
campfire mod
catapult mod (medieval warfare)
Dungeon crawler mod
hariboat air craft mod (nearly useless)
RC mod
train craft still works fine
mine and blade commander mod
bear grylls
cogs of the machine (steam punk style mod)
back tools
dimensional doors (TARDIS TIEM)
mob amputation mod
my people mod

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Most mods are FTB friendly, but you'll have to tweak their configs.

If FTB has become boring already.. I don't think adding new mods is going to extend the life of it very much for you.

And also, no to that last thing, just don't do that.

KILLAKAN10

Jul 29, 2019
Most mods are FTB friendly, but you'll have to tweak their configs.

If FTB has become boring already.. I don't think adding new mods is going to extend the life of it very much for you.

And also, no to that last thing, just don't do that.
how do i tweak the config? the text appears in random quotes and (literally) in random locations
and if you know that most mods are ftb friendly then why don't you post a link to them like i said?
thankyou for your answer though btw i played FOR A LONG TIME and i exhausted ALL possibilities
and new mods would make MOAR things to build and ANIALATE WITH MUHAHAHAHA!
thankyou :)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
how do i tweak the config? the text appears in random quotes and (literally) in random locations
and if you know that most mods are ftb friendly then why don't you post a link to them like i said?
thankyou for your answer though btw i played FOR A LONG TIME and i exhausted ALL possibilities
and new mods would make MOAR things to build and ANIALATE WITH MUHAHAHAHA!
thankyou :)

Why would he send you a link to "most mods", I fail to see your reasoning.
You've exhausted all possibilities? I think me and many other members of these forums would love to see how you've exhausted every single thing you can do. I'd personally like to see a cart based sorting system.
And Treecapicitatior isn't really a "content-adding mod", it's just a "here, let me get trees quickly" mod.

KILLAKAN10

Jul 29, 2019
Why would he send you a link to "most mods", I fail to see your reasoning.
You've exhausted all possibilities? I think me and many other members of these forums would love to see how you've exhausted every single thing you can do. I'd personally like to see a cart based sorting system.
And Treecapicitatior isn't really a "content-adding mod", it's just a "here, let me get trees quickly" mod.
i never said ANYTHING about treecapitator adding anything and i didn't even say anything about treecapitator in what you responded to.
how many times do i have to say this? post a link to the mods you know work with ftb without running around in the config files (problem why i cant run around in the config files is in what you responded to)
and let me rephrase that: i exausted all the possibilities i could think of.
and i agree with trunksbomb that ONE mod would'nt increase the life of ftb buy much witch is why im looking for alot of em that work.
okay there was the explanation thankyou for reading
please post a link to an ftb friendly mod that does'nt need running around in the configs to make it work.
thankyou

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you are willing to spend some time doing a bit of tedious config editing (Estimate 30 to 60 minutes), you could try DivineRPG.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't say you said anything about Treecapitator, now did I?
I was saying it's a mod you can add where you don't have to screw with configs.
A recommendation, learn configs. It will help you in the long run, instead of trying to avoid any and every good mod that may mess with a few ID's. You're really, REALLY limiting yourself.
And now that I gave you a new possibility to think of, have fun making a minecart only sorting system, I've always wanted to see one in action.
Minecraft is about being creative, you have to find out more ways to use the mods, not go straight to general end game for each mod and give up/get bored. The point is to use these 90 or so mods to make something. Unless you've been playing FTB since Minecraft came out (in which case, you didn't) or are an extremely smart, creative, and talented person (your inability to want to learn to do configs proves otherwise, I didn't know then I taught myself), I doubt you've even done a fraction of the things that can be done in FTB.

But if you want a FTB friendly mod, try Treecapitator instead of trying to argue with my post. That's the only mod on my mind that doesn't mess with any block ID's, and adds a bit more in game content than Optifine, another recommended mod.

KILLAKAN10

Jul 29, 2019
A recommendation, learn configs. It will help you in the long run, instead of trying to avoid any and every good mod that may mess with a few ID's. You're really, REALLY limiting yourself.
And now that I gave you a new possibility to think of, have fun making a minecart only sorting system, I've always wanted to see one in action.
Minecraft is about being creative, you have to find out more ways to use the mods, not go straight to general end game for each mod and give up/get bored. The point is to use these 90 or so mods to make something. Unless you've been playing FTB since Minecraft came out (in which case, you didn't) or are an extremely smart, creative, and talented person (your inability to want to learn to do configs proves otherwise, I didn't know then I taught myself), I doubt you've even done a fraction of the things that can be done in FTB.

But if you want a FTB friendly mod, try Treecapitator instead of trying to argue with my post. That's the only mod on my mind that doesn't mess with any block ID's, and adds a bit more in game content than Optifine, another recommended mod.
any help with the problem i got with the text being random and literary being in different places?
also dimensional doors,flans mod,mob amputation and my people mod also work
i have no idea how you can read text that's completely random (any actual words seem to be there by pure chance.)and i hate it because when i post about a problem about a mod (lets say the frames i make are too big) they go "go to the configs"
and i only use nei for recipes i like to get things legit (unless I'm testing something because i don't want to put allot of effort into a world that i may inadvertently blow up). and because of that problem
and i'l start thinking on a minecart only sorting system i cant do anything about it
one thing though: what are the rules?
and thankyou your the first person that got the message and told me a name of a mod that doesn't require config editing.
(even though i already have it)
and i never said anything about not wanting to learn to do configs.
it's just literary in different places like there's some random text then as if someone spammed the enter button i find more random text allot far down then the first piece of random text. PLEASE help me with this because if this problem didn't exist i wouldn't have made this post and you wouldn't have been tortured in the annoying presence of my post's thankyou for helping

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
You are probably opening the config file with the wrong program, and its either showing you hex code or more possibly not the correct end of line.

Just select a config file, right click it, choose "open with" and then choose wordpad.[DOUBLEPOST=1363255892][/DOUBLEPOST]Most config files CAN be editedwith notepad too, but some will not have the proper vcarriage returns so the text will be mashed together (with no enters at the end of each line).

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
any help with the problem i got with the text being random and literary being in different places?
also dimensional doors,flans mod,mob amputation and my people mod also work
i have no idea how you can read text that's completely random (any actual words seem to be there by pure chance.)and i hate it because when i post about a problem about a mod (lets say the frames i make are too big) they go "go to the configs"
and i only use nei for recipes i like to get things legit (unless I'm testing something because i don't want to put allot of effort into a world that i may inadvertently blow up). and because of that problem
and i'l start thinking on a minecart only sorting system i cant do anything about it
one thing though: what are the rules?
and thankyou your the first person that got the message and told me a name of a mod that doesn't require config editing.
(even though i already have it)
and i never said anything about not wanting to learn to do configs.
it's just literary in different places like there's some random text then as if someone spammed the enter button i find more random text allot far down then the first piece of random text. PLEASE help me with this because if this problem didn't exist i wouldn't have made this post and you wouldn't have been tortured in the annoying presence of my post's thankyou for helping
Um...what happened to your fonts?
Open the files as if they were text, all the configs are massively easy to edit once you figure out how to open them. Use notepad, wordpad, any .txt file.

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019
Open the files as if they were text, all the configs are massively easy to edit once you figure out how to open them. Use notepad, wordpad, any .txt file.
Use word pad. So much better. Any way, all mods should work if you change the config unless you used all the ids.[DOUBLEPOST=1363318027][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nei?

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
Load the game (in a working state)
Hit E, click options, hit item id options, click dump item ids, go to your ftb pack folder and open the itemdump text file and look for a nice block of unused ids. Replace the ones that are conflicting in the mod config you're trying to load

Tips:

Try loading a mod, if the game starts up, you're probably very close to being good. Check the FTB console for STDOUT CONFLICT statements to see if any item ids are clashing..an item id clash won't cause the game to crash/not start up, but it's important to fix these.

If you try loading an extra mod and the client won't start up, the config file for the mod should be created anyway, you can go in and edit the ids. Usually the BLOCK ids are the ones that mess things up. Block ids are generally below 4095, and some blocks need to be in the 256 and below range. Generally whenever i change a config, if the id is below 256, i look for another non-used id in that range. If it's below 4095 then look for another id in that range. I then go to the items and change all of their IDs to a nice unused block..then start up the FTB console and check for errors. I have 219 mods running using this method and am now stripping out the ones that just plain conflict with each other.

I'm also developing a program that will parse the config files and replace item/block id values with valid values that you specify. (this is because re-iding all 5000 freaken items in the divinerpg config was a PAIN!)

Another thing to look out for is Entity ID clashes...generally i've found you're pretty screwed here...for some reason most mods don't offer support to change these

KILLAKAN10

Jul 29, 2019
i DID do that...i did it from experience (i edited gta vice city and made everything crazy(like smarter cops (they run away>:D))[DOUBLEPOST=1363333509][/DOUBLEPOST]
Load the game (in a working state)
Hit E, click options, hit item id options, click dump item ids, go to your ftb pack folder and open the itemdump text file and look for a nice block of unused ids. Replace the ones that are conflicting in the mod config you're trying to load

Tips:

Try loading a mod, if the game starts up, you're probably very close to being good. Check the FTB console for STDOUT CONFLICT statements to see if any item ids are clashing..an item id clash won't cause the game to crash/not start up, but it's important to fix these.

If you try loading an extra mod and the client won't start up, the config file for the mod should be created anyway, you can go in and edit the ids. Usually the BLOCK ids are the ones that mess things up. Block ids are generally below 4095, and some blocks need to be in the 256 and below range. Generally whenever i change a config, if the id is below 256, i look for another non-used id in that range. If it's below 4095 then look for another id in that range. I then go to the items and change all of their IDs to a nice unused block..then start up the FTB console and check for errors. I have 219 mods running using this method and am now stripping out the ones that just plain conflict with each other.

I'm also developing a program that will parse the config files and replace item/block id values with valid values that you specify. (this is because re-iding all 5000 freaken items in the divinerpg config was a PAIN!)

Another thing to look out for is Entity ID clashes...generally i've found you're pretty screwed here...for some reason most mods don't offer support to change these
like redpower frames because if people so much as look at the codes eloraam goes "here's the codes to make everything work" so good luck with that and btw can you do OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAND id's without screwing it up as badly as i screwed up the coding for gta?

KILLAKAN10

Jul 29, 2019
i DID do that...i did it from experience (i edited gta vice city and made everything crazy(like smarter cops (they run away>:D))[DOUBLEPOST=1363333509][/DOUBLEPOST]
like redpower frames because if people so much as look at the codes eloraam goes "here's the codes to make everything work" so good luck with that and btw can you do OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAND id's without screwing it up as badly as i screwed up the coding for gta?
i guess eloraam is protective of the coding or whatever:p
pls give me the link when you get that program up and running because that would be pretty awsome[DOUBLEPOST=1363333692][/DOUBLEPOST]
Use word pad. So much better. Any way, all mods should work if you change the config unless you used all the ids.[DOUBLEPOST=1363318027][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nei?
not enough items

wakafanykai123

Jul 29, 2019
Have you figured out the configs? They are relatively self explanatory and simple as long as you use the right program such as wordpad,notepad, or notepad++. The frames for example you can set how many the motors move (Yes, you can set to OVER 9000!) with a simple change in the configs. If changing 1000 to 9000 is that hard, I have no idea how you play minecraft.

KILLAKAN10

Jul 29, 2019
not
Have you figured out the configs? They are relatively self explanatory and simple as long as you use the right program such as wordpad,notepad, or notepad++. The frames for example you can set how many the motors move (Yes, you can set to OVER 9000!) with a simple change in the configs. If changing 1000 to 9000 is that hard, I have no idea how you play minecraft.
i get its simple but if you look on the comments you will see i have a problem with the configs its that it just appears as random text am looking at it through notepad

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
I will publish the ID app when I add a few more features. I usually do C# development but im getting into java so I can do some modding of my own.

So far you can:

-Specify the config file to fix (this can be a config file or a file that you've simply copied and pasted the area of IDs you wish to fix)
-Specify the output file
-Specify a simple file containing IDs line by line to
Use
-Specify an NEI item ID dump from which to pull unused IDs to assign to your config.
-Specify a range or ranges of values to use for ids from the program

I plan to add:

-Ability to scan entire directory of configs to replace IDs without any overlap.
-Ability to scan (and potentially fix) a directory of configs and show any duplicate ID assignments.
-Ability to specify priorities of the mods and files which to NOT modify (basically a lot of ID resolver functionality but without needin the mod and providing a more permanent solution.
-config backup and compare (so when a new version of a mod comes out and assigns a new Id to an item, you can replace just that Id and not modify the others and therefore not break your world)

And much more...

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I will publish the ID app when I add a few more features. I usually do C# development but im getting into java so I can do some modding of my own.

So far you can:

-Specify the config file to fix (this can be a config file or a file that you've simply copied and pasted the area of IDs you wish to fix)
-Specify the output file
Use
-Specify an NEI item ID dump from which to pull unused IDs to assign to your config.

I plan to add:

-Ability to scan entire directory of configs to replace IDs without any overlap.
-Ability to scan (and potentially fix) a directory of configs and show any duplicate ID assignments.
-Ability to specify priorities of the mods and files which to NOT modify (basically a lot of ID resolver functionality but without needin the mod and providing a more permanent solution.
-config backup and compare (so when a new version of a mod comes out and assigns a new Id to an item, you can replace just that Id and not modify the others and therefore not break your world)

And much more...
Kyool! Can't wait for that! Except, it is a bit like ID Resolver, which was insanely hard to update.

KILLAKAN10

Jul 29, 2019

So far you can:

-Specify the output file
Use

I plan to add:

And much more...
can you put id resolver on ftb? and if you can how?