FTB Endeavour stuck at 'Joining World'

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
Thursday evening I was playing in a new FTB Endeavour Survival world and everything was fine - Did a bunch of exploring and whatnot, then saved and quit and went to bed. Yesterday evening, I went to play that world again, and when I tried to join, it loads up to 'Joining World' and then it goes 'not responding' and never gets further. The game output doesn't show anything that would seem to be a problem - just some messages about 'Unknown recipe category'. When I killed the hung game and after launching it again, created a new creative world, that newly created world launched fine. It seemed to still launch after saving and closing. save and close again and go and try to launch my survival world that I was playing and same thing. I left it up hung over night to see if maybe, for some odd reason, it was just going to take a long time to launch, but it was still stuck at the same spot this morning.

I've tried backing up my saves, deleting the instance, installing a fresh copy, restoring my saves to the fresh copy, but the same thing happens.

Edit to add: When I killed the hung game by trying to close it until it came up with the 'Java platform binary is not responding' and close or wait, I got an exit code '-805306369', which apparently means it ran out of memory. I was running it with the default 6GB, so I increased its memory to 8GB - same thing. Tried increasing it from 8GB to 12 GB (The machine is a Ryzen 9 5900X with 32GB RAM so there's plenty of memory available), and same thing, so I don't think it's actually a 'run out of memory' issue.

Edit2: It seems like this is broader than just Endeavour - Direwolf20 1.16 is doing the same thing now.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why all of a sudden it won't launch my saved worlds?

Last edited:

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
Is this not the right place to ask this sort of thing?

Anyway, I decided to try something different - I had set up a DW20 1.16 server and wasn't impressed (I've been using DW20 modpacks for some time, and have been on the 1.12 one, but a LOT is missing from the 1.16 one IMO), so I hadn't done much, so as a test, I deleted the world and mods, then copied my survival world up to the server along with all of the mods, and it loads fine on the server and I was then able to connect to it.... so not sure what's going on as a local world.