FTB DireWolf20 Crash on FML Loading

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
J

JadesMeister

Title FTB DireWolf20 Crash on FML Loading

Launcher Type Curse App

Modpack FTB Presents: Direwolf20

Modpack version 1.10.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/c7ebf721

Details of the issue FML Screen crashes on what appears to be the initialization of WitchCraft. Fastcraft is enabled. The client also has Agrarian Skies 2, which does launch. Fresh installation of the modpack has been attempted as well as a install of the latest Java available for Mac OSX Yosemite. Still crashes at the early stages of the load screen.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Uninstall old Java versions and check the laucnher settings to make sure it is using the right version of Java, currently it is using Java 6.

J

JadesMeister

How might I go about that? I've 'uninstalled' java via deleting the appletplugin file, and reinstalled java 8, the latest version. According to the Java control panel, I am using Java 8 Update 101. Here's the new crash log: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/8592b65b

Alternatively, what are other ways I can ensure that other versions of java are uninstalled? It should note that somehow my Agrarian Skies 2 modpack launches just fine compared to the DireWolf20.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Both ftb launcher and curse launcher have an option in the settings menu to select which java version to use.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
The 2nd crash report still shows java 6 being used. I'm no mac expert. But use google to do some searches on removing the java 6 and installing java 8.

J

JadesMeister

Okay, so here's where I'm at:
@mc.crab I did not know the launcher had that option, will try that later today and update if needed!

@Henry Link I've tried removing java by trashing the appletplugin file both by hand and by sudo command in the terminal, may need a tutorial pointed my way, but going to try crab's idea first!

Will keep ya'll posted, thanks for the support so far!