FTB Direwolf20 1.7.10 multicraft server setup problems

NASCANTAC

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I am trying to set up the new Dirwolf20 pack on a multicraft server but have been unable to do so. I am not an expert by any means at setting up servers, though I was able to get the last pack running through a combination of youtube videos and trial and error. I was wondering if anyone could give me a step by step on how to set it up properly, Thanks!

the console reads as such.

01.11 18:16:14 [Multicraft] Server stopped
01.11 18:16:14 [Multicraft] Looks like a crash, check the server console. Return value: 1
01.11 18:16:14 [Multicraft] Server shut down
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:17)
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:30)
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO You will need to add them to your server before FML and Forge will run successfully.java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch
01.11 18:16:14 [Server] INFO We appear to be missing one or more essential library files.
01.11 18:16:14 [Multicraft] Loaded config for "Mod: Feed The Beast"
01.11 18:16:14 [Multicraft] Starting server!
01.11 18:16:14 [Multicraft] Loading server properties
01.11 18:16:14 [Multicraft] Server stopped
01.11 18:16:14 [Multicraft] Retrying server startup

tubbytoad42

Jul 29, 2019
You need to include the server library files in the same directory as the server jar. This means if you have Multicraft set to the server base directory as the jar directory, you need to put the library folder there. If you have it set to the daemon jar directory, then the library files need to go in that directory. You can find the library files for base Minecraft forge in the server modpack download - just drop the libraries folder into the appropriate directory. If you are using cauldron those libraries won't work and it's a slightly more complicated process. Hope this helps.

Nicky8009

Jul 29, 2019
Long story short, put the file named Libraries in the file named jar, where any other jars should be. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE EVERY FILE YOU UPLOAD HAS A PERMISSION OF 755! and make sure recourse into subdirectories is selected

Error-404

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

it was a fight for me to got this running. First run the FTBInstall.sh and then copy the libaries folder into the jar folder and the Minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar too! But finally when the server runs the work wasnt enough. Multicraft says the server is offline D: So you cant chat or set admins etc. In my case I edit the minecraft_server.jar.conf

[parse_log]
start=^(?P<time>:)?[-\d]+ )?\[?[:\d]+\]?)\s+\[?(?P<type>[^]]+)\]\:?\s+:)?\[[^]]+\]\s+)?(?P<line>.*)$

[parse_savecomplete]
start1=Saved the world

[parse_connect]
shortStart=logged in with entity id \d+ at

In the Webinterface set it to "Default Minecraft Server" so it should load the Config. Now the server is online and you can chat etc.

Sorry for my bad english... I´m from Germany :(

Good Luck m8!

TheFourthLB

Jul 29, 2019
Long story short, put the file named Libraries in the file named jar, where any other jars should be. MAKE SURE YOU MAKE EVERY FILE YOU UPLOAD HAS A PERMISSION OF 755! and make sure recourse into subdirectories is selected
I have a question about this: I'm having a problem with my dw20 server not loading any addons (normal pack addons, not extras) and the permissions of ALL the files on my FTP are set to 770. When I attempt to set them to 755 (assuming that the failure to load addons is affected by the permissions), filezilla tells me that (for example):
Status: Set permissions of '/mods/1.7.10/INpureProjects' to '755'
Command: SITE CHMOD 755 INpureProjects
Response: 500 Command "SITE CHMOD" not understood.

Not sure how to progress past this issue

Nicky8009

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question about this: I'm having a problem with my dw20 server not loading any addons (normal pack addons, not extras) and the permissions of ALL the files on my FTP are set to 770. When I attempt to set them to 755 (assuming that the failure to load addons is affected by the permissions), filezilla tells me that (for example):
Status: Set permissions of '/mods/1.7.10/INpureProjects' to '755'
Command: SITE CHMOD 755 INpureProjects
Response: 500 Command "SITE CHMOD" not understood.

Not sure how to progress past this issue
Can i get another log? its kind of hard to tell without a log... another thing you might want to check is if the server provivder already has it preloaded. if it does delete all mod files (mods, config, ect) via filezilla, then click the jar in the dropdown, click save, and go and play. Also did you ever play vanilla on that server? is it possible that your using that same world?

Insan3editing

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem, which was caused by a simple mistake:

1. Unpack the Direwolf20 Server .zip file in a folder on your computer and then run the FTBInstall.bat
2. When it's finished, upload the FTB.jar and the libraries folder to the jar folder on your server + Upload every folder and files that are left (excluding .bat and .sh files) to your root folder
3. Choose the FTB.jar in Multicraft and start the Server
4. ???
5. Profit

Hope that works, at least it did for me...

Cheers

n0.skill

Jul 29, 2019
I am running into the problem where the server will hang at startup and causes weird errors with multicraft. like a timestamp appended to users names when they login and the server showing offline in multicraft even though it's connect able and showing online in the console and minecraft.

@Error-404, Wo ist minecraft_server.jar.conf befindet?

Last edited:

Error-404

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

the config file is in the jar folder of your multicraft folder. Not in the jar folder of your server !

In my example it is:
/home/minecraft/multicraft/jar/minecraft_server.jar.conf

And my server is in:
/home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/direwolf20/..

Error-404

Jul 29, 2019
@n0.skill That problem should be fixed with the conf file :)

Multicraft isnt able to read the logfile exactly so multicraft cannot say that the server is online or get the correct usernames ;)

smokeyassassin

Jul 29, 2019
@NASCANTAC

.I was having the same issue until i noticed FTBInstall.sh

Edit ServerStart.sh to the required memory size you want to use
then
chmod 755 ServerStart.sh
chmod 755 FTBInstall.sh
then
./FTBInstall.sh

once that's done (it downloads the mincraft.jar, you can't run the server without it)

edit eula.txt (false to true)

then you can run

./ServerStart.sh

once it sets up.

stop

and edit you server.properties and config to however you want.

remove the default world folder and run the server again.

this time it will create your new world with your seed, and with your world gen config settings