FTB Direwolf 20 1.18 release

Feed the Beast

Jul 29, 2019

1024_1024.png

Direwolf's modded legacy started all the way back in 2011. With 5 modpacks from the FTB Team, dedicated to creating a simple yet unique form of kitchen-sink modpacks.

This new iteration of Direwolf's modpack is packed with hand-selected mods from Direwolf20 himself, the FTB Team have worked hard in forging a kitchen-sink styled modded Minecraft experience that just about anyone can play.

Follow along with Direwolf on his YouTube series, learning with him as you venture out into new modded territory. Improve his designs as you build up more infrastructure and automate anything and everything. The world is yours, for you to do anything in.

Direwolf20 1.18 can be found exclusively on the new FTB App available at https://www.feed-the-beast.com/app

Reactions: waynecmbs

suprphrk

Jul 29, 2019
It was there as of 7:30am EST, I started the download but it crashed the app and then it wasn't in the search anymore when I got back in. I'm glad to see other people not seeing it, I've been troubleshooting thinking it was cached somewhere in limbo or something.

perga

Jul 29, 2019
just downloaded a few minutes ago, restarted the pc to get rid of a windows10 update and it s gone... i see im not alone... but not just DW20 modpack...all the featured packs are gone.

SoBigSoBad

May 14, 2022
played for 8 hours last night. logged in this morning and its not showing in the ftb launcher. looked in filesystem and my world is either gone or renamed to "wet" which was not the name I gave it.

CaptainCrunch

May 15, 2022
I tried adding FTB Ultimine and it causes the load up to fail. I originally added maybe 5 other mods and they also didn't work. I know this is very new, but any ideas on how to fix it or when we might see an update to the pack that makes it easier for us to add mods.
Architectury seems to be used for a lot of mods and it seems to be failing or not at the right version. There is also no easy way to update mods to the correct version in the FTB app. Curseforge has a good way to update. This might not be the problem or only part of it, but giving some more details.

LumpyDragonPotato

May 21, 2022
Hi,
I'm shopping for a kitchen modpack that supports shaders. dw20's newest modpack has a good mod list, but I would like to know if it will support simple shaders. Thank you for your help.
Best regards,

Evanael

May 22, 2022
Hello, so nice to see DW20 back. Unfornatelly I can't instal the pack. Did I just have to wait for an update or is it my side?

Crash on the account validation

WillOfFortune86

May 27, 2022
I want to play this pack, but for some reason OpenJDK Platform binary is taking up 90% of my cpu when I play. It's even worse when I go in the nether. I've only got 6gb allocated to the pack it shouldn't be this bad. Any help would be great!

Reactions: Lex8P

Lex8P

May 28, 2022
I want to play this pack, but for some reason OpenJDK Platform binary is taking up 90% of my cpu when I play. It's even worse when I go in the nether. I've only got 6gb allocated to the pack it shouldn't be this bad. Any help would be great!
I get similar results.

I get very high CPU usage and I have to keep increasing the amount of RAM I allocate, as I notice that when the game gets very laggy, I see in task manager that it's exceeding the amount allocated. So have to quit, increase the allocation and then play until I reach this limit again.
As of posting this, I've allocated 20gb to the game. It gets laggy again when it shows a little over 22gb.
The game loads up with around 8-10gb usage and within an hour gets to this point.

Reactions: WillOfFortune86

ognar

Jun 2, 2022
Is there any way to get this modpack other than installing the Overwolf spy/adware launcher?
I was able to get it before from though MultiMC but it looks like those options are being blocked by Overwolf now.
Would really like to play this modpack.
Would really hate to not play Direwolf20s modpacks anymore.

Reactions: krustymk

ognar

Jun 2, 2022
Oh, well. Guess not.
If he reads this, thanks for the modpacks DW.
They were fun while it lasted.
No point in subscribing to the YT channel anymore either.

Reactions: krustymk