FTB Crashing when moving lava from Nether

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

KnightAR

Jul 29, 2019
(If I put this in the wrong place, Please let me know so I can delete it and make a new thread, Thanks)

Last week I setup FTB MineCrack pack and added Mystcraft to the pack manually so I can transport lava from the Nether and other dimensions within Mystcraft. I setup the usual setup using Railcraft to transport a Tank Cart though a Mystcraft Portal. Now, Here is where my problem is occurring ... When I'm in the overworld and the cart comes appears I get a crash, I've even created a brand new world and tested it and it still crashes, so it's very confusing what's going on.

I've attached the crash report from the server, Hopefully someone can tell me what's going on :|

Attachments

• crash-2013-01-15_12.44.54-server.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 118

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
Did read something about this at one point and it is apparently a problem with mystcraft and entities one solution would be to simply use themral expansions liquid transposers instead of mystcraft to transfer the liquid to cans and use ender chests to get the to the overworld.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
You can always try it with nether portals. Just remember to either break the cart (cart dispenser on RS signal), or let it wait for 45 seconds before entering the portal again.

OracleFish

Jul 29, 2019
mystcraft nerfed this thing,so no longer you can transport lava with mystcraft and tank carts..
Use thermal expansion and ender chests

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
mystcraft nerfed this thing,so no longer you can transport lava with mystcraft and tank carts..
Use thermal expansion and ender chests

Its not a Nerf, its a bug and until the pack updates to 1.4.7 or Forge/MystCraft put the fixes into the 1.4.6. releases (unlikely) it won't work.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
This crash is more to do with Mystcraft Portals and World Anchors.

Delete your World Anchor.

There's a race-condition where there's a double-subtraction of the entityList for a chunk. There's a patch fix in the mystcraft forums (which would require you to distribute it to clients too), but it's best just to not mix Mystcraft Portals and World Anchors.

Essentially, the world anchor will cause the entityList to never de-load and reset, so your game will constantly crash, as far as I understand / extrapolate.

I've had this issue really bad before, to the extent any time I'd fast-travel within chunk-load of the mystcraft portal the game would constantly crash. Deleting the world anchor and letting the chunk de-load (walking far away) so it would "reset" fixed this.

NTaylor

Jul 29, 2019
This crash is more to do with Mystcraft Portals and World Anchors.

Delete your World Anchor.

There's a race-condition where there's a double-subtraction of the entityList for a chunk. There's a patch fix in the mystcraft forums (which would require you to distribute it to clients too), but it's best just to not mix Mystcraft Portals and World Anchors.

Essentially, the world anchor will cause the entityList to never de-load and reset, so your game will constantly crash, as far as I understand / extrapolate.

I've had this issue really bad before, to the extent any time I'd fast-travel within chunk-load of the mystcraft portal the game would constantly crash. Deleting the world anchor and letting the chunk de-load (walking far away) so it would "reset" fixed this.

So if you are correct about it being the world anchor that is causing it would chicken chunks chunk loader work or would that also cause the problem as that is something to test.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
So if you are correct about it being the world anchor that is causing it would chicken chunks chunk loader work or would that also cause the problem as that is something to test.
Any chunk loader would cause it. It's a Mystcraft bug.

It's just exacerbated by a Chunk Loader.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
This is a big bug and ought to be stickied somewhere.

I had this problem for 2 weeks and finally figured it out. The cryptic error message doesn't help anything.

After I fixed the issue (deleted the chunk loader and restarted the server) the world remained stable once again.

KnightAR

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help about this, I actually started using thermal expansion and ender chests and got all the lava I needed.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
There's a patch fix in the mystcraft forums (which would require you to distribute it to clients too), but it's best just to not mix Mystcraft Portals and World Anchors.

I installed the patch on my server (with Forge 489) and the error disappeared. Didn't have to patch my clients. Of course the error will still exist in single player worlds unless you also patch your client.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
I installed the patch on my server (with Forge 489) and the error disappeared. Didn't have to patch my clients. Of course the error will still exist in single player worlds unless you also patch your client.

Do you have a link?

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest downloading a fresh server jar from the FTB launcher and patching that. No META-INF meddling is needed, either.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019

This didn't work for me either.. well it may have but after only about 5minutes my lag would get so intense I'd have to reset the server.. once I restored this class it all went back to normal.

I'll have to just consider abandoning the FTB launcher and build the server/clients all on my own.

FTB launcher is a fine idea, but game changing bugs like this should get fixed or disabled right away (like builder bug, Enderbag shift click, this).

Feydaway

Jul 29, 2019
FYI: I tried using railcraft - mystcraft to transport lava from my tank to a quarry site, both on overworld and it works fine. It seems the bug is inter-dimensional only. Either from the Nether or any Mystcraft Age.