FTB causes huge framedrops

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Doktor KlingeL

Jul 29, 2019
Hello fellow FTB-Minecraft-Players!

I have a little question.
Usually I have around 120-100 fps in FTB Infinity, but now I have somewhat around 80-30 fps.
Even when I have 80 fps my game does not run smooth. When I turn my head with my mouse I get this small stuttering. I have tried to turn everything to "fast" and turning everything off. My fps did not increase much and the stuttering remained. I did not limit my fps.

Here what I did:

- Increased the Priority for Minecraft to the highest one (Task Manager)
- Downloaded Optifine to further lower the settings

My Hardware:

GPU: GTX 980 Ti
CPU: i7 2600k
RAM: 32 GB DDR3 RAM 1600
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 LE Rev. 3

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
How much RAM did you allocate to the game?
And by how you structured your post it looks like you used to gain more fps but that it suddenly became 80-30 FPS. Did you do anything special that may have caused it?
Another thing that might help is to upload the log to pastebin and post the link to it here. Maybe someone can find the problem that way.
Also, do you still have this problem on a newly generated world? Maybe there is just going too much on for your computer to process?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
In a pack like Infinity, 100+ FPS is an utopian dream. As soon as you start building stuff it will start to drop. A lot. 20-30FPS is normal in a decent expansive base. Less if you go overboard and use a lot of OP and bad solutions.

NEVER EVER set processes to run with the Real Time priority!

If you want to play a large pack like Infinity and you don't just run around picking flowers in a vanilla world, then you should get used to and be satisfied with 30ish FPS. If you cannot, then play a smaller and simpler pack. This is simply how modded MC works.

Reactions: Inaeo and Cptqrk

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I found that really wrecked my FPS so far with my new base...

An overclocked IC2 recycler machine that was running out of power, but the power outage was
so short that the red glow seemed to flicker slightly, i removed some of the overclockers and the lag dropped straight away.

I have found that lots of AE2 subnets can also cause lag with FPS for some reason.

-Wuffle!