[FTB Beyond ver 1.4.2 beta] Looting III Cleaver vs. Empowered Ender?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
K

Kibaikasu

I have a Looting III Cleaver with Manyullyn blade, Bronze Faceplate, and a couple of Obsidian Tough Rods which I just finished making a few hours ago for the purpose of getting Endermen heads so I can set up a Powered Enderman Spawner. Once I got that I went farming for a random spawner to break but in the chest I found the Ender and figured I'd empower it to help prevent the Endermen from teleporting all over the place when I go hunting for them.

I've tried for several hours now with both the Cleaver and Ender to get the much needed Enderman head, but have had no luck. Am I doing something wrong? I've done a Google search as well as a search of the FTB forums but most of the posts that deal with Cleaver head drop chance are for Wither Skeletons rather than Endermen. While I'm getting a decent chunk of pearls out of it (for the early game, that is), I have not seen one head. Should I be using the Ender exclusively for the Endermen and just save the Cleaver for everything else, or will the Cleaver with Looting III have a better chance at dropping Endermen heads than the empowered Ender?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
its just RNG bad luck.
I had the same problem and I did with the clever. I killed random enderman for around 3 hours no luck.
Then I decided that this is a stupid game design idea to have the drop chance so low. (just my opinion) and I cheated one in.

Killed a other enderman after this that tried to steel some dirt in my base and he also dropped a head....
So yes, its just luck.

N

NerpyDerpston

Well then the game is bugging out for some reason because beheading 10 GUARANTEES a head from whatever it kills. Period.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Beheading 10? Then I do miss something I think 5 was the max that I was able to do with TC Modifiers. But never mind. Its about 2-3 weeks ago. lets see if for the OP it works.

N

NerpyDerpston

X (10) is the max level for any modifier (fortune X, haste X, beheading X, etc.)

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend just empowering The Ender, get sharpness V, looting 3 because you can and there is a mod in Beyond that has the enchant Decapitation so get level 3 of that and you now have a sword for all occasions.