FTB beyond power gen

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

Micina Master

Hello everyone, I was wondering what i could do for better power gen! i currently have 8 Coal gens from ender io with level 3 cap's in them, and a big reactor that eats through my yellorium so fast i cant keep it running, i am new to FTB and have been going hard for about a week, 10-12 hour days on Minecraft as i am out of work due to a surgery

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hello everyone, I was wondering what i could do for better power gen! i currently have 8 Coal gens from ender io with level 3 cap's in them, and a big reactor that eats through my yellorium so fast i cant keep it running, i am new to FTB and have been going hard for about a week, 10-12 hour days on Minecraft as i am out of work due to a surgery
Depending on your resources, an Environmental Tech solar array might be a good option for you. You'll need a lot of lapis, and a fair amount of gold, redstone and diamonds, but it can be broken down and upgraded when you have more materials later. If you start by crafting a piece of hardened stone (crafted with stone & cobblestone) with a book, you'll get the guide for making stuff from ET - have a read of that and see if it takes your fancy.

M

Micina Master

Depending on your resources, an Environmental Tech solar array might be a good option for you. You'll need a lot of lapis, and a fair amount of gold, redstone and diamonds, but it can be broken down and upgraded when you have more materials later. If you start by crafting a piece of hardened stone (crafted with stone & cobblestone) with a book, you'll get the guide for making stuff from ET - have a read of that and see if it takes your fancy.
Thanks i have alot of that stuff, i made a diminsional quarry

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
The canola oil generator is a powerfull source of renewable energy and can be improved based on your growth. I currently have one farmer for canola which can easily keep up with two oil generators. With the third stage of the oil (crystalized) I get a steady 400RF/t - at all times of the day and if you need more, you can just add another oil generator. This tutorial helped me a bit to automate the whole system, although I tweaked it a bit. :)

An alternative would be the lava factory from actually additions into Stirling Generators.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The canola oil generator is a powerfull source of renewable energy and can be improved based on your growth. I currently have one farmer for canola which can easily keep up with two oil generators. With the third stage of the oil (crystalized) I get a steady 400RF/t - at all times of the day and if you need more, you can just add another oil generator. This tutorial helped me a bit to automate the whole system, although I tweaked it a bit. :)

An alternative would be the lava factory from actually additions into Stirling Generators.
That's a great tutorial! :D I actually came up with the EXACT same system with the scanners, placer, collector and dropper - glad to know its about the best way I could do it! I don't have EnderIO or RFTools in my pack, but I reckon I can work around that if my system gets stuck. Seeing the setup for the crystallised canola seeds was really helpful though, that's a LOT more straightforward than I realised. I'm thinking I'll end up needing a lot more canola seeds than canola itself, so I might have a system for shunting excess into a crafter to be turned into seeds. Thanks @Softwerker for sharing!

Reactions: Softwerker

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Immersive Engineering biodiesel is still a nice option. It has a relatively large footprint when compared to some other systems, but it's renewable energy at a decent pace. Once you have materials needed to build the machines, setting things up is pretty straightforward.

The Endergenic Generator is pretty powerful if you have a renewable source of Ender Pearl. Also, Deep Resonance can put out some large numbers if set up correctly, but I've not delved into the mod at all personally.

I've recently seen a system described here on the forums (I'd give credit if I honestly remembered who it was (Edit: @GamerwithnoGame)) using AA Rice to power a Slimy Generator. I'm not sure of the power output, but the work needed to run the system seemed trivial enough to allow a nice net gain.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
GamerwithnoGame mentioned Rice Slime in the other thread about Beyond Power Gen.

Frankly, Immersive Engineering is my choice, though if you need a ton of power, it's pretty hard to beat Extreme Reactors.

Direwolf did a pretty impressive automation for empowered Canola with AA, EnderIO redstone conduits and Super Circuit Maker. It could be more compact, but it's a tutorial build so...

I'm going to try and use IC2 to generate steam to feed into Extreme Reactors turbines for endgame power.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
My last playthrough of an FTB pack, I went with RFTools Endergenic generators using this SCM circuit. I used an EnderIO spawner and a Killer Joe with a looting+3 Ender Sword to get pearls for it.

I think each 5-endergen setup produces 20k rf/t when it's properly adjusted, more if you infuse the generators. Pretty good mid-late power, though I eventually manually added mekanism and severely overbuilt infrastructure for that mod's fusion generator

Last edited:

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019

Oh this tutorial is nice! I did not know about the ExtraUtility Scanners thise will help me fine tuning my X-Net Setup with canola oil.

M

mirkonamore

NOTE:You can use OTHER mob grinder techniques and this is BETWEEN EARLY AND MID game.

I perfer making Woot Factories for blazes and endermans and then with an auto crafter make eyes of ender and auto apply them to some Extra Utilities 2 Ender Generators with speed upgrades. It produces more energy than it uses.;)

Last edited:

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
my style? when you go far enoufgh into beyond build level 4 lightning rods from environmental tech and use the draconic evolution weather controller for infinite lightning=infinite power gen

Reactions: inviktus

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
If you have Storage Drawers you can use it in place of the item routing of EnderIO for the Empowered Oil. From your Farm transport seeds and canola into 2 drawers. Hopped these into a separate drawer controller then, using trim blocks, put drawers with single stack upgrades in them locked to canola or seeds as needed.
Makes for an ungainly "machine" but requires nothing but wood and a bit of iron to route all needed seeds(all 3 tiers) and canola to the correct place.

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
nah dude i think my setup is the best in beyond. infinite lightning=1m or something rf per strike

I

inviktus

my style? when you go far enough into beyond build level 4 lightning rods from environmental tech and use the draconic evolution weather controller for infinite lightning=infinite power gen
I can't seem to find the weather controller in FTB Beyond?
Really wanted to get my mad scientist on and call forth lightning to power my crazy RFTools dimensions

I

inviktus

OOh Ty Ty!
I will check this out.
I was confused because stuff I looked up for Draconian Evolution (like the FTB wiki) actually referenced a "weather controller" block with recipe n all. Must have changed? :confused:

Last edited: