FTB Beyond 1.5.3 - FTB Utilities Chunk Loading not working

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

hikyuuri

Jul 29, 2019
Title FTB Beyond 1.5.3 - FTB Utilities Chunk Loading not working

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack FTB Beyond

Modpack version 1.5.3

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file

Details of the issue Modified to add DynMap to the server, and that is it.

FTBUtilities Chunk Loading does not seem to be stable AT ALL. Every time the server reboots (which is every night), some chunks reload just fine, others do not and I have to fly to the area to manually load them, then they will work.

What I have found so far is this.

- WOOT farms seem to reload just fine on their own after a server reboot, as I have never had to fly to them to get them reloaded (they are in the void dimension, and I don't have to go to the void dimension at all). HOWEVER, the Void dimension is not immune to all issues. My friend has stuff in the void that he needs to go to to reload everytime the server reboots.

- Ender IO is hit or miss. Most of the time, its miss. I have to fly to the area, which manually loads the chunks, then it will work fine. Furthermore, conduits seem to break frequently. For example, I may have an Item Conduit going between two blocks (chest and a generator, for example). They will work fine, then I will suddenly have no power. Go look into it, and find that the chest is full, but the item conduit is not transferring. Breaking any item conduit along the length and replacing it fixes the issue. Very frustrating, especially when I just expect these networks to function, which is why I chunkloaded them in the first place.

- Draconic Energy Core Tier 8 does not stay chunk loaded at all. The moment I fly away from it, I loose all power. It remembers the power levels inside of it when I fly back, and it immediately starts working again when I fly back, but the moment it is out of sight, it fails. Yes, the area is claimed and chunkloaded.

All in all, chunkloading is not reliable at all. As such, this modpack is basically unplayable for anyone who wants to set up massive systems throughout the server. I never had this problem with FTB Infinity Evolved, and I was basically setting stuff up the exact same way, just using the chunkloader blocks instead of FTB Utilities.

I don't want to manually add a different chunkloading mod, because then all my friends will need to manually tweak their clients. Most of my friends don't know how to do that, and it breaks the entire idea of these modpacks being easy to install and operate. Can the FTB team PLEASE add some other form of chunkloading as an option until the root cause in FTB Utilities is figured out? I have found multiple posts from the developer of FTB Utilities stating his chunkloading is broken, so give us a band-aid to use in the mean time please.