FTB Beyond - 1-3 Players, Waiting for Server Lag

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
W

Wellnice

Title FTB Beyond - 1-3 Players, Waiting for Server Lag

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack FTB Beyond

Modpack version 1.11.0

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/5a64be55

Details of the issue Information from hoster:

2 x Intel Xeon E5-2640 v3 processors (32 Threads turbo-boosted at 3.4GHz each) and 256Gb RAM (both shared).

Done modifications to modpack, removal of:

Aroma1997s-Dimensional-World-1.9.4-1.2.0.7
Aroma1997Core-1.9.4-1.1.1.2
journeymap-1.10.2-5.4.7
Railcraft_1.10.2-10.1.2

This has been done due to research and other people saying they had problems/caused lag with them.

Map has been pregenerated using chunkgen ~5000 x 5000.

General problem:

While walking/running arround, the message "Waiting for Server" appears and it heavily stutters/lags.
While for me it is "only" 2-4 sec game freezes, for others they can't even open chests or destroy blocks. (lag of up to 20 seconds).

TPS is anytime stable at 20.

I did a lot of search but couldn't find anything that really helps.

Things that i came up with, is the map too big? Did chunkgen somehow generated corrupted chunks and that causes lag? (how to determine corrupted chunks?)

So far we this is a pretty early state server so beside a nether portal, some machines like a furnace, smelter, macerator and an me storage system, nothing big has been built.

There have no quarrys been used, we don't have a massive leak of water/lava somewhere.

It definitely only occurs when walking so (i'd say) it must have something to do with chunkloading. If you run/move really fast, soemtimes the chunks aren't loaded fast enough.

I appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: