FTB Beyond 1.10.0 Crash on Startup

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Daneitoa

Jul 29, 2019
Title FTB Beyond 1.10.0 Crash on Startup

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack Beyond

Modpack version 1.10.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/e22b97c0

Details of the issue Crash on startup, self explanatory.

First and foremost, this point needs to be made. everyone whom has said anything to me about this issue has said "set your allocated ram to X", and my immediate response to this is now, and onwards, going to be shut up. Don't even mention it to me.

The problem itself, as said in the crash log, is Ranged pumps. This is what I have done. I have downloaded the latest and stabilist version of ranged pumps for FTB Beyond 1.10.0, removed the original, dropped in the new file, it worked. However, it ONLY works for the very next time I launch Beyond. It will start like normal, etecetera, but when the game randomly crashes on the off chance, or I kill the program, the problem immediately resurfaces.

Crash on startup, problem with ranged pumps.

I have redownloaded this modpack over 15 times, launched over 20, java is up to date, launcher is up to date, I have launched without Ranged Pumps installed, and it launched with no problems. However, only the first time I disabled Ranged pumps and launched it, did it launch without crashing.

I have been fighting this for 4 days now. Over 12 hours has been put into this effort, and I'm growing very impatient, so don't even mention anything that I've already done unless it's for information purposes.

Additional info, it's not ranged pumps every time. The crash logs have change, despite the lack of file editing. It has said immersive engineering, gendustry, wireless crafting terminal, and ranged pumps have crashed the client, with ranged pumps being the most common. I've supplied the crash log for a simple ranged pumps failure.

I just tested a launch or two a minute ago, and the results I came upw ith are this: Ranged pumps first, as common. Next, it said Wireless Crafting Terminal. So I disabled them both and launched, then it said Industrial craft 2 crashed the client.

I no longer know what's going on. Every time I've taken a step froward, it's been in the wrong direction, and I don't find out until far later. I'm tired of fighting this problem.

Now, seeing as my server recently deactivated a mod to prevent the server from crashing every 10 minutes, I'm gonna find and disable that mod, because screw that mod, it's worthless anyway.

I am agitated, but patient. I await response.

No I do not have Nvidia.

supadoom

Jul 29, 2019
So ironically a user for a server I staff on has this same issue. He is running the game on a AMD APU. You wouldn't by chance be the same?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
1 - You come here to get help

2 - You tell people to shut up - what's up with that?
First and foremost, this point needs to be made. everyone whom has said anything to me about this issue has said "set your allocated ram to X", and my immediate response to this is now, and onwards, going to be shut up. Don't even mention it to me.

3 - You say that no one should even mention stuff you already tried - without listing what you've tried
so don't even mention anything that I've already done unless it's for information purposes.

4 - You say that your server deactivated a mod, but don't mention what mod it is
Now, seeing as my server recently deactivated a mod to prevent the server from crashing every 10 minutes, I'm gonna find and disable that mod, because screw that mod, it's worthless anyway.

Just a thought - perhaps don't be aggressive and take swings around you - provide necessary information + full logs.

And perhaps someone is daring to try and help you out.
(as writing this I noticed that you got a answer, but I'll post this anyways)

Reactions: jikuja

Daneitoa

Jul 29, 2019
Let me shed a little light, then. I have no patience for anything already mentioned, such as allocating Ram to X amount, because any time I fiddled with any of these things, nothing happened, and the wildest guess would be that it most definitely will not help me. add in over 12 hours of time contributed to troubleshooting, I simply have no patience left.

So ironically a user for a server I staff on has this same issue. He is running the game on a AMD APU. You wouldn't by chance be the same?

I have no idea what APU is, but I do have AMD