Problem FTB App not opening

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

firegoldsky

Oct 22, 2020
Hey there. I tried launching my FTB app and the window didn't pop up. I've already tried restarting my pc, and uninstalling and reinstalling ftb, but still, the ftbapp.exe shows up on the processes in the task manager, but the app still doesn't show up.

Lord O'Spice

Oct 23, 2020
Same, I (among other people that I found while looking for solutions to this issue) are having problems getting the launcher to even load. It appears on the task manager as a background process but nothing happens and keeps CPU processing, memory, etc. at 0%. I used the FTB App I believe about 2 months prior, and made a great amount of progress on my FTB Academy world. On 9/14, I went to load up they FTB App so I could play FTB Academy but FTBA simply wouldn't load. I had uninstalled and reinstalled the FTBA 7 times (I know this because my executables name ends in (8)). At that point I had just caved in and gave up on my 100+ hours world. Out of curiosity, today I chose to look through the crash logs of the most recent date and find this...

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
Oct 22, 2020 9:36:13 PM net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLogger error
SEVERE: Not a valid instance '.localCache', skipping...
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:226)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:927)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.pack.LocalInstance.<init>(LocalInstance.java:150)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.Instances.loadInstance(Instances.java:70)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.Instances.refreshInstances(Instances.java:52)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLauncher.main(CreeperLauncher.java:119)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:84)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:94)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:25)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.beginObject(JsonReader.java:385)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:215)
... 12 more
Uncaught error fetching image:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getConnection(URLImageSource.java:101)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getDecoder(URLImageSource.java:111)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(InputStreamImageSource.java:263)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(ImageFetcher.java:212)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(ImageFetcher.java:176)

I know how to navigate through windows and manually mod games by copying and pasting files/folders, but I just don't understand the issue is about "SLF4J: Failed to load class “org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder”" and this stuff about the creeper launcher. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

firegoldsky

Oct 22, 2020
Same, I (among other people that I found while looking for solutions to this issue) are having problems getting the launcher to even load. It appears on the task manager as a background process but nothing happens and keeps CPU processing, memory, etc. at 0%. I used the FTB App I believe about 2 months prior, and made a great amount of progress on my FTB Academy world. On 9/14, I went to load up they FTB App so I could play FTB Academy but FTBA simply wouldn't load. I had uninstalled and reinstalled the FTBA 7 times (I know this because my executables name ends in (8)). At that point I had just caved in and gave up on my 100+ hours world. Out of curiosity, today I chose to look through the crash logs of the most recent date and find this...

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
Oct 22, 2020 9:36:13 PM net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLogger error
SEVERE: Not a valid instance '.localCache', skipping...
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:226)
at com.google.gson.Gson.fromJson(Gson.java:927)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.pack.LocalInstance.<init>(LocalInstance.java:150)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.Instances.loadInstance(Instances.java:70)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.Instances.refreshInstances(Instances.java:52)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLauncher.main(CreeperLauncher.java:119)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:84)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:94)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:25)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.beginObject(JsonReader.java:385)
at com.google.gson.internal.bind.ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory$Adapter.read(ReflectiveTypeAdapterFactory.java:215)
... 12 more
Uncaught error fetching image:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getConnection(URLImageSource.java:101)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.URLImageSource.getDecoder(URLImageSource.java:111)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(InputStreamImageSource.java:263)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(ImageFetcher.java:212)
at java.desktop/sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(ImageFetcher.java:176)

I know how to navigate through windows and manually mod games by copying and pasting files/folders, but I just don't understand the issue is about "SLF4J: Failed to load class “org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder”" and this stuff about the creeper launcher. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

All right so I've managed to get it running again. I updated windows to the latest version available (no idea if it had any effect but can't hurt right), then installed the ftb app to my main (C:) SSD, I first got a problem that was quickly solved in this thread: https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/the-jvm-could-not-be-started.303012/
Then it started working fine for me!

Lord O'Spice

Oct 23, 2020
Well I'm happy that it works for you, but I'm still having the same issue the SLF4J failing to load a class path and the NOP even after following the instructions from the other thread down to a tee.