FTB app not opening Mac

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

shawnss25

Jun 27, 2020
A couple days ago I went to play FTB Ultimate and it showed that FTB Ultimate wasn't downloaded, so I tried to redownload it. It never downloaded and I restarted FTB app and then it displayed that it was opening the app (like it normally does) and to wait. It never opened. Now today when just clicking on the FTB app, nothing even happens. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm on Mac on macOS Catalina. I haven't had any problems with FTB app until a couple of days ago. I see other people were also having problems with their worlds disappearing. Maybe people are experiencing what I am too? Thanks.

Fraserligh

Jun 27, 2020
Yes I am also having this issue, I quit Skyfactory 3, when I alter tried to open the FTB app to launch it it does not open at all

Dragon_Mind

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting the same issue as above. Tried on 2 machines both running macOS Catalina 10.15.5. New FTB App download on both. FTB App process runs in the background but no application window appears. Tried to run electron app in Application contents and still doesn't work. It looks like a .jar file in the /App folder goes missing when you drag the application to your Applications folder upon installation. -- Looking at the console, it seems I'm getting an error (posted below).
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Applications/FTBApp.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/launcher.dmg
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:92)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:116)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixCopyFile.move(UnixCopyFile.java:430)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.move(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:267)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.move(Files.java:1421)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLauncher.move(CreeperLauncher.java:322)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLauncher.main(CreeperLauncher.java:86)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:84)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.MacLauncher.main(MacLauncher.java:52)
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Applications/FTBApp.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/Minecraft.app
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:92)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:116)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.move(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:267)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLauncher.move(CreeperLauncher.java:322)
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLauncher.main(CreeperLauncher.java:87)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Applications/FTBApp.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/minecraft-launcher
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLauncher.main(CreeperLauncher.java:88)
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Applications/FTBApp.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/versions
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLauncher.main(CreeperLauncher.java:89)
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Applications/FTBApp.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/launcher_profiles.json
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLauncher.main(CreeperLauncher.java:90)
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Applications/FTBApp.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/launcher_settings.json
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLauncher.main(CreeperLauncher.java:91)
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Applications/FTBApp.app/Contents/Resources/app/bin/libraries
at net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLauncher.main(CreeperLauncher.java:92)
Jun 26, 2020 10:05:34 PM net.creeperhost.creeperlauncher.CreeperLogger info
INFO: Loaded 0 out of 0 instances.
INFO: Loaded 0 out of 0 instances.
INFO: No PID args
INFO: Server started successfully - 202006262210-d5803963f2

a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: its the same issue that's already on GitHub here

Last edited:

Fraserligh

Jun 27, 2020
I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. It didn’t work. If it does get fixed do you think my progress will be saved for my Skyfactory game?

Markus_SJ

Jun 27, 2020
Same problem here. I got Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5. Clicking on the FTBApp as usual I can see the icon in the dock bar but no window available

DigiLea

Jun 27, 2020
It appears something is wrong with Java. Found this error.log in the FTB package. Java said everything is up-to-date, version 8 update 251

Dragon_Mind

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found a fix. It seems when installing the package onto Mac the "launcher-202006271817-a3b3b73d4c-release-all.jar" file doesn't get properly copied over. I re-downloaded the dmg and dragged that file directly to the corresponding spot "/contents/resources/app" in the package contents in my applications folder. I started the app back up, and it took a minute but then finally opened.

Nevermind seems fixed now with new launcher download from site.

Last edited:
Reactions: DigiLea

Fraserligh

Jun 27, 2020
I reinstalled the launcher and it worked however my saved game for SkyFactory 3 is gone. can someone please help me I worked so hard on it please help!!!