FTB and Vivecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Anyone have any real world experience with this yet?

I tested Vivecraft over the weekend. I don't really have time to play it play it right now, but I popped in just to check it out. You can install a forge version and I was able to get in there with some basic mods, but it does not like at least something in Infinity. I was wondering if anyone knows what mods in ther emight be interfering. It will load, but the screen jumps around like crazy.

I did get it up and running with some basic mods, though, just to see a BC quarry running. Holy crap it looks awesome on amplified mode. Unlike the Win10 VR version, a block looks like 1 meter by 1 meter, and mountains look like mountains. It's crazy.

But, anyone ever spend any significant time with it? I messed around to check it out for a couple of hours, but I'm not sure if I could actually play that way straight up.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Unfortunately, screenshots won't convey what it's like. You need both the stereoscopic view and the head tracking.

But I can tell you what it looks like. It looks like what it would look like if you were in an alternate reality Minecraft world. Visually, it absolutely nails the experience. Mountains look as big as mountains. Digging a shaft down to to bedrock and finding a cave feels like you were digging a hole to China and ran into a cave.

The problem is, in order to have a decent view, you need a crazy PC, so the experience is already a little choppy for me with shaders and only 16 view distance. But, theoretically, one could build the world like normal, then come back and visit their own creation in VR at any time.

M

Malcolm Rey

I can confirm this, the experience is amazing. And yeah - can't really make a screenshot to show you what we mean because the screenshot is of your screen monitor, not what you actually experience.

Currently the 1.12.2 DireWolf20 modpack is working fine with Vivecraft. No crashing whatsoever.