FTB and my new computer

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
So i finished building a very high grade computer and i downloaded the windows 8 operating system and java 7 so I could make sure i could dedicate more than 1GB of ram since i have one hundred and something. BUT, after I'm done with that I get the launcher and go to the settings and i see the maximum i can get is STILL 1GB. Help?

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
wait now i see it i have the latest version of java but the java control panel is 32bit. How do i fix it?

Melifluous

Jul 29, 2019
Control panel -> add remove programs. Scroll to your java installs. If you have 32 and 64 bit installed, uninstall the 32 bit one. If you only have 32 bit uninstall it anyway, go back to the website and make sure you find the x64 download and install that.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Control panel -> add remove programs. Scroll to your java installs. If you have 32 and 64 bit installed, uninstall the 32 bit one. If you only have 32 bit uninstall it anyway, go back to the website and make sure you find the x64 download and install that.
THANKS it worked:D

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
NEW PROBLEM: whenever i play minecraft for about an hour it freezes my computer. For ftb it keeps repeating this one thing:
OPEN GL ERROR
stack over flow 1238