FTB and Bandwidth Usage

NdranC

Jul 29, 2019
Doing some testing i discovered that whenever I "spawn" in minecraft (due to login or changing dimensions or dying and respawning) my minecraft needs to download a load of info from the server. This load seems to be very small in vanilla servers, barely even flinches my abysmal internet speed, but for some reason in FTB servers this load is SIGNIFICANTLY bigger. This wouldn't be a problem for most people, but unfortunately my internet speed cap speed is around 120kbps, which means every time i either

*Login
*Use the TP command
*Change dimensions
*Die and respawn at my bed, EVEN if i died right next to it
*Use items that move me too fast in the world

I need to suffer for around 20 secs of huge latency due to my crappy internet speed attempting to download this extra load of data.

So my question is: Why is FTB so much heavier on bandwidth than vanilla even when I'm just loading default terrain? Is it normal? Am I the only one that notices this because of my unfortunate download speed? Anything I can do about it?

Invaders

Jul 29, 2019
If I recall, thats you either reloading or loading areas of chunks, which happens gradually as you travel, building a buffer, whereas when you spawn, you have to load all of them again.
Oh, and FTB is so much more memory intensive because you have many more things to render/block types to load/variations on blocks, all increasing the amount of data sent.