Windows .exe ftb 1.6.4 modpacks keep crashing

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

megalodon414

Jul 29, 2019
This is sort of the same for me. whenever i attempt to log on to the new 1.6.4 direwolf20, it just closes the launcher. ive tried everything form restarting my computer, to redownloading the mod pack. However, ive gone into the "edit mod pack" tab, and it seems there is only mods now. no jarmods, or coremods tabs. Maybe it has something to do with that? please help. thanks.

mattbrook14

Jul 29, 2019
I am still getting the same thing and would like some help with how to fix it it has been 7 days since i posted even with the newest update it still crashes randomly

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
I am still getting the same thing and would like some help with how to fix it it has been 7 days since i posted even with the newest update it still crashes randomly
Please follow the basic troubleshooting guide if you have not already. Please post a new console log after completion if you are still experiencing problems.

This is sort of the same for me. whenever i attempt to log on to the new 1.6.4 direwolf20, it just closes the launcher. ive tried everything form restarting my computer, to redownloading the mod pack. However, ive gone into the "edit mod pack" tab, and it seems there is only mods now. no jarmods, or coremods tabs. Maybe it has something to do with that? please help. thanks.
That is not the cause. In 1.6.4 there are is no more coremods folder and the jar mods tab was removed as well. Please follow the basic troubleshooting guide if you have not already. Please post a new console log to pastebin after completion if you are still experiencing problems.

mattbrook14

Jul 29, 2019
okay thanks the newest update for the direwolf20 pack is working a lot better after i took out opis and put in zans minimap
however just in the last day or so one of my worlds when i load it up just spawns me into nothing i cant open bags in my inventory and i cant really do anything it was working fine yesterday until i logged off and logged back on my player falls all the way down to y=0. however i did a force update that fixed the terrain and reinstalled opis alloing me to find that it was really lagging my computer i was able to find several blocks and anks using opis that had a time .9.. or close to it when i broke those lag cleared up. However the console was showing lots of error messages that keep repeating and continue even after the game has closed which freezes the launcher and console enough to where 7 hours later(because i had class i just left the console and launcher open on my computer) it shows the all the errors from the time i was playing and hasnt even gotten to when i closed the game at 2pm and its 9:27 pm and the console only shows it at 14:11:41. here is the error messages it gives me
jav.lang.Exception:stack trace
at java.lang.thread.dumpStack(unknown source)
at net.minecraft.world.chunk.func_76612_a(chunk.java:908)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72866_a(World.java:2395)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldSever.func_72866_a(WorldSever.java:719)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72870_g(World.Java:2311)
at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72939_s(World.java:2157)
at net.minecraft.world.WorldSever.func_72939_s(WorldSever.java:550)
at net.minecraft.sever.MinecraftSever.func_71190_q(MinecraftSever.java.668)
at net.minecraft.sever.MinecraftSever.func_71217_p(MinecraftSever.java:587)
at net.minecraft.sever.intergrated.IntergratedSever.func_71217_p(IntergratedSever.java:129)
at net.minecraft.sever.MinecraftSever.run(MinecraftSever.java:484)
at net.minecraft.sever.ThreadMinecraftSever.run(SourceFile:583)
Wrong location! EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/2764, I='1', x=-49.61, y=61.90, z=31.40]or it uses 'Creeper'/756
i will try to get the pastebin on a reply to this post but it might take a while

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Not really sure about the cause of these errors, but that last part shows a possible easy fix. Go to peaceful and load the game. After the game loads you can switch back to survival. You just need to get rid of the entitiy in this case it appears to be a skeleton.

mattbrook14

Jul 29, 2019
so i changed it to peaceful and it just changed the mob to squid i changed to creative and found chunk errors that go through the world to the void one was filled with squids where the ocean would be. Then it changed the entity to experience orb when i exited. it was also saying anvil chunkloader error? i think i am just going to delete this world since it is having so many problems it is the world i started when the pack first came out so