FTB 1.6.4 - Banning items and grief protection?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Gravenlord

Jul 29, 2019
Hello fellow server owners.

Do anyone have any working setup that protects their players creation in 1.6.4?

I've been using the BedCraft + Grief Prevention plugins in 1.5, but these doesn't seem to work anymore.

What I'm looking for is a plugin/solution that effectivly bans items or disable right clicking with some items inside claims or both.

Any help with this matter is much appreciated :)

Lucylilium

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently using world gaurd/world edit and LWC. on my DW20 1.6.4/1.0.0 server.
I was using grief prevention for 2 days but it may be causing the crashes we're having due to the 1.6 version is in beta although cannot confirm.
I use essentials to ban items from being used in the config file you can add items to prevent use or even alert in chat when a specific item is being used.

hope this helps.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
You know the only banned "thing" on my server? Idiots, ahh and all I or my admins would need to do to do the /ban and it done and over with. ;) Because I get rid of the source of the problem not the actual item/block used to degrade those that didn't do anything. :)

Ho and that doesn't have compatibility problems.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
You know the only banned "thing" on my server? Idiots, ahh and all I or my admins would need to do to do the /ban and it done and over with. ;) Because I get rid of the source of the problem not the actual item/block used to degrade those that didn't do anything. :)

Be weary of items that cause crashing like the matter cannon on unleashed and trade o mat.

potop999

Jul 29, 2019

Your replies keep popping up everywhere, telling people to ban idiot's or make their server whitelisted. Not everyone wants to play it like you do. Some of us like meeting new people every day again. We want to play or host an open server with a reason. Having a good server doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be whitelist. You don't allow idiots, we prevent the harm idiots can do. You have a small server, I for example prefer a big server on which I can play with multiple people at any time of the day I get on.

Just something you might want to think about. Not everybody wants to play the game like you do. And your answers never seem to respond to the OP their questions.

To the OP:

Have you tried out towny with the bedcraft version for towny? You can add the id's for all the items in the towny config and townyultimate config.
Also for banning items, I'm using modifyworld together with PEX. It allows for per world configurations and alot of other nifty stuff :)

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
He wanted something that's works and my way will always works and doesn't require eating resources or troubleshooting like plugins counterparts. And.. in a modded environment it very healthy to have 10-20 players since you need quite some CPU power and ram if your not going to limit chunkloading and etc. Wanna shove 30+ players and put regulations? Then go right head, however some players just wanna play and have fun.. So at least there a "market" for my server type. :)

Plus I rather be setting up a Christmas themed spawn at large than getting some plugins setup.:)

Last edited:

Gravenlord

Jul 29, 2019
Your replies keep popping up everywhere, telling people to ban idiot's or make their server whitelisted. Not everyone wants to play it like you do. Some of us like meeting new people every day again. We want to play or host an open server with a reason. Having a good server doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be whitelist. You don't allow idiots, we prevent the harm idiots can do. You have a small server, I for example prefer a big server on which I can play with multiple people at any time of the day I get on.

Just something you might want to think about. Not everybody wants to play the game like you do. And your answers never seem to respond to the OP their questions.

To the OP:

Have you tried out towny with the bedcraft version for towny? You can add the id's for all the items in the towny config and townyultimate config.
Also for banning items, I'm using modifyworld together with PEX. It allows for per world configurations and alot of other nifty stuff :)
Thank you so much for this :) This worked perfectly. *hugs*

potop999

Jul 29, 2019
He wanted something that's works and my way will always works and doesn't require eating resources or troubleshooting like plugins counterparts. And.. in a modded environment it very healthy to have 10-20 players since you need quite some CPU power and ram if your not going to limit chunkloading and etc. Wanna shove 30+ players and put regulations? Then go right head, however some players just wanna play and have fun.. So at least there a "market" for my server type. :)

Plus I rather be setting up a Christmas themed spawn at large than getting some plugins setup.:)
My point is that you are not helping the OP. If he wanted a whitelist server with no protection, he wouldn't be asking for help over here.