FTB 1.10 packs launch issue

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

supadoom

Jul 29, 2019
Title FTB 1.10 packs launch issue

Launcher Type Other

Modpack 1.10 Beyond/ 3.0.13 SF3

Modpack version Above ^

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file

Details of the issue While trying to launch the pack my whole computer locks up till the minecraft window initializes. (About 20 seconds or so) So its linked in some way to optifine being installed. I have a support request over on his git. https://github.com/sp614x/optifine/issues/761
So to summarize some of the fixes we have tried so far: Tried MultiMC (My preferred launcher), FTB launcher, Curse Launcher, and even the vanilla launcher. (This bug affects vanilla aswell)
I have tried different GPU drivers. I have tried different Optifine versions. Tried allocating more/less ram. So far the only sure fire thing making the issue go away it to remove Optifine. This likely isn't a problem with the packs above. I'm just hoping to tap into some of the community's genius.
My PC Specs:
i7 4790k Stock speeds.
AMD RX 480 Stock speeds.
12 Gb's of ram.
Stock MC settings and stock Optifine settings.
Let me know if there is any more info I can provide. Keep in mind most important data is already on the git link.

Last edited by a moderator:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Optifine is known to cause issues with other mods.

But as you also have issues with vanilla - then there's something else that's broken on your end.

Do you use any overclocking/tuning etc.? - If yes, configure those correctly or uinstall them.

supadoom

Jul 29, 2019
I have msi afterburner installed but not running or even changing any settings. Over clocks as stated above are on stock clocks and timings. However I normally do run an overclock. The only thing that I haven't tested so far is reinstalling windows. If memory serves correctly there was a windows update about at the time this started. I'm thinking its either that or the new fullscreen optimizations being garbage with windows 10.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Uninstall msi afterburner, restart your computer and try again.

EDIT:
Also, make sure you got drivers from vendor and not via windows update.
(sometimes it works via windows update, but not always.)

supadoom

Jul 29, 2019
Uninstalled with no luck. I use DDU in safe mode to uninstall drivers then install from AMD's site. Also tried several different drivers.