Friendly Hostile Mobs...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
P

PrometheusUnbound

So I have been looking for a mod that makes hostile mobs friendly. It need not be a mod where they are automatically friendly. Perhaps there is something you must craft, or something you need to find to make them that way. But something that makes them friendly without need for anything is also welcome.

You may ask "why?" and that is a fair and good question. Simply put, I am a builder. Minecraft to me is as much about the building as it is anything else. But I dislike building in creative where possible. I like to challenge myself to gathering resources through mining. The combat side of that is irrelevent to my task. But playing the game on peaceful mode feels too lonely. Its still nice to see hostiles roaming around.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a mod that does something like this. I have tried a few Google searches, but I may be wording my search queries wrong.

Thank you in advance!

P.U

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
I can't answer you question directly, but as an alternative, you could use items such as the Interdiction torch, or magnum torch. Those don't make mobs friendly, but they prevent mob spawning or even crossing over into a limited area. These items can keep you safe from mobs in certain areas, but they will still spawn outside of their area of effect.

P

PrometheusUnbound

I can't answer you question directly, but as an alternative, you could use items such as the Interdiction torch, or magnum torch. Those don't make mobs friendly, but they prevent mob spawning or even crossing over into a limited area. These items can keep you safe from mobs in certain areas, but they will still spawn outside of their area of effect.
Thank you. I will give that a go.

P

profrags

You could make the difficulty peaceful and have 0 hostile mobs spawn

Edit:
I should have read the entire post ._.

Eclipsonaut

Jul 29, 2019
With Biome tweaker it is possible to let mobs only spawn if there is a spawner present. Please take a look at the modpack "Material Energy ^ Natural Capital" by Parcel31U. If there is no spawner nearby it is peacefull, but you are able to build mobfarms if you like. For me it is the best of both worlds.

Happy building

Reactions: PrometheusUnbound
P

PrometheusUnbound

With Biome tweaker it is possible to let mobs only spawn if there is a spawner present. Please take a look at the modpack "Material Energy ^ Natural Capital" by Parcel31U. If there is no spawner nearby it is peacefull, but you are able to build mobfarms if you like. For me it is the best of both worlds.

Happy building
I will gladly take the compromise.
Thank you!

You could make the difficulty peaceful and have 0 hostile mobs spawn

Edit:
I should have read the entire post ._.
Hehe. It happens, no worries.
Thank you, all the same, for contributing. :)

Reactions: profrags
P

PrometheusUnbound

Endermen are just self-conscious.
Creepers explode because of excitement, not because they want to kill you. That last part just happens to be an unfortunate side-effect
Zombies... well, zombies have a brain addiction. Its not their fault that hugs end up with them gnawing at your bones.
Skeletons, lets face it any of us would be cranky and want to shoot someone if we woke up and found we had been dead long enough for there to be only bones left.
Witches have the wart problem. The throwing poison at you is there way of saving you.
No one likes spiders, and they know it. So they lash out. The only reason they are hostile at night is because they think you are trying to creep up and kill them.
Ghast's are the emo teenagers of the Minecraft world. Firing firballs at you is their way of saying (read as a hormonal moody teen) "I hate you! leave me alone I am so misunderstood!"
Wither Skeletons? Read Skeletons but add to the list burned bones.
Blazes just have fiery tempers. But once they cool down and get talking, you get on like a house on fire...

So, support your local mobs this coming International Give a Mob a Hug Day by giving one a hug! (Disclaimer: we cannot take responsibility for any loss of life or possessions due to hugs-gone-wrong.)

Regards,
MMA
(Misunderstood Mobs Assosciation)

davecats

Jul 29, 2019
Endermen are just self-conscious.
Creepers explode because of excitement, not because they want to kill you. That last part just happens to be an unfortunate side-effect
Zombies... well, zombies have a brain addiction. Its not their fault that hugs end up with them gnawing at your bones.
Skeletons, lets face it any of us would be cranky and want to shoot someone if we woke up and found we had been dead long enough for there to be only bones left.
Witches have the wart problem. The throwing poison at you is there way of saving you.
No one likes spiders, and they know it. So they lash out. The only reason they are hostile at night is because they think you are trying to creep up and kill them.
Ghast's are the emo teenagers of the Minecraft world. Firing firballs at you is their way of saying (read as a hormonal moody teen) "I hate you! leave me alone I am so misunderstood!"
Wither Skeletons? Read Skeletons but add to the list burned bones.
Blazes just have fiery tempers. But once they cool down and get talking, you get on like a house on fire...

So, support your local mobs this coming International Give a Mob a Hug Day by giving one a hug! (Disclaimer: we cannot take responsibility for any loss of life or possessions due to hugs-gone-wrong.)

Regards,
MMA
(Misunderstood Mobs Assosciation)
I can't believe nobody's liked your post yet

Sent from a slightly rusty phone of brickkish nature somewhere in Neptune nine years ago. Or something.

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
While it's not a "cover all" solution, the Reliquary mod's "Nian Zhu" items, while in your inventory will render you 'invisible' to Creepers, Skeletons, Wither Skeletons, Zombies and I think one other mob that I'm forgetting. Again, not a cover-all solution, but options.