Friend "Leaves game" Before He Joins

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
F

Filthypanda13

Title Friend "Leaves game" Before He Joins

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack Revelations

Modpack version 1.0.0

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/346a518c

Details of the issue Above in the link to the log file is my friends console code for about 3 attempts.

Here is the server side code from the console http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/81676ae2

My friend can run Revelations single-player, and just hours ago was playing the most recent Beyond modpack with us. Upon shifting to the new Revelations modpack he's been unable to join as in chat it just says "MrMiago has left the game" and sends him to a timed out screen. We've tried reinstalling the modpack repeatedly, having one of our files compressed and sent to him since everyone else is able to connect to the server. Firewalls were disabled and even then all java's were allowed access. Tried running as admin, have repeatedly closed the entire launcher in hopes it'd work, but now we're a bit stuck. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Filthypanda13

Forgot to add. He is on Java 1.8.0_151, so the most recent Java 8. When he created the paste for me it was before I knew his Java was outdated. We removed the old one and had him update. His game registered that he was now on the 151 Java but had the same outcome (even in the server files).

Could get a new paste from him tomorrow (it's currently 3am his time so he went to sleep), but I believe the code was nearly the same considering it was identical as before server side.

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Forgot to add. He is on Java 1.8.0_151, so the most recent Java 8. When he created the paste for me it was before I knew his Java was outdated. We removed the old one and had him update. His game registered that he was now on the 151 Java but had the same outcome (even in the server files).

Could get a new paste from him tomorrow (it's currently 3am his time so he went to sleep), but I believe the code was nearly the same considering it was identical as before server side.

Is there any antivirus software on that machine?

And yes, always get a new log after a change is made.

F

Filthypanda13

There is an antivirus, but it was completely disabled before we tried any other fix. I can get an updated log when he gets out of the shower in what probably will take about 20-30 minutes.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
There is an antivirus, but it was completely disabled before we tried any other fix

Disable isn't always sure that it works, you might need to add exceptions/whitelist the game folder + java for it to work.

So check that out as well.

F

Filthypanda13

Okay, once he's back I'll have him add both the game and java to the exceptions for it and try to run it. If it doesn't work out I'll get another log paste

Thanks for the tip!

F

Filthypanda13

We got him online. It was a firewall issue grandrolf, what it was is his firewall wouldn't recognize the new java. He was only allowing the old java's through it, as the new one didn't appear apparently. So he restarted and the firewall then showed the new java as an option. Thanks for the help bud!