Frequent crashes lately

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Could you turn off the EnderIO spawner for a while, go afk and see if the server crashes?

Also, does renaming the EnderIO file to BEnderIO.jar cause Minecraft to not crash AND load the correct RF API?

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

A

Anton_

Renaming "EnderIO-1.10.2-3.1.183.jar" to "BEnderIO-1.10.2-3.1.183.jar" did not cause any error messages to be displayed upon starting the game.

I had 6 Powered Spawners, all in my mob grinder room, and all have been inactive anyway (switched off via Redstone) for more than a week. I removed them all anyway. I used only one at a time, for different mobs.

I'm now running and will "soak test" and let you know what happens.

Thank you for your help and patience! :)

PS: I don't know if this has any significance, but I noticed that my Cursed Earth/Diamond Spikes mobdrop generator slows down dramatically (but does not stop completely) when I am near bedrock ±7 chunks away. It works normally if I'm at bedrock in the same chunk as the mobdrop generator, or if I'm on the surface ±7 chunks away. The generator is fully within a chunk, which is chunkloaded. (Drops are collected in an Ender Chest for teleporting into RefStrg. Evidence for the slowdown is via an Ender Pouch.)

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
If the crashes don't return, could you place back your mob spawners, to see whether the up-to-date RF-API actually fixed your issue by itself?

A

Anton_

I've had one crash, but it's been running for a couple of hours since then, with me AFK.

You say the up-to-date RF-API -- er, bit confused now, where did that come from?

Yes, certainly - if the game is still running in the morning, I'll put the Powered Spawners back and let you know what happens.

A

Anton_

The game ran from ±21:00 last night and crashed at 02:20 this morning (I was AFK). Powered Spawners had not been reinstalled.

Crash report is here: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/0ef318c3

I see EnderIO still reports "An unsupportted RF API ...".

Does that report give sufficient info? I can paste "latest.log" and "fml-client-latest.log" as well, if they are more useful.

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
1. Crash report is here: http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/0ef318c3

2. I see EnderIO still reports "An unsupportted RF API ...".

1. I deobfuscated the stacktrace, not that it helped a lot, just because I could. http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/7c03ff6e
It points at a line in Vanilla Code that was very probably changed using ASM by one of your mods. Could be about any one of them. And it does not necessarily mean that that mod is at fault either.

EDIT:
It's probably some mod changing something in a chunk off-tick (this is a violation), but since a CME only tells you about the discovery of such a violation ("It has happened somewhere in the past") and can not tell you about when this violation took place and from where the violation came, it could technically still be any mod.

2. The RF API changed from BrandonsCore to something else and the only thing we changed was EnderIO, so I am going to assume that the correct one is loaded now.

Could you, this time, turn off the cursed earth? It might be that, it may very well not be.

Last edited:
A

Anton_

Should I just turn on the lights so that mobs don't spawn, or should I remove the Cursed Earth blocks entirely?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I would remove the Cursed earth completely.

I heard that there is a way to find the cause of this crash directly, however we'd need to write a whole new mod for that, for which I, frankly, haven't really got the time.

A

Anton_

Okay, I've removed all the Cursed Earth blocks.

I'm grateful that you have already given me a lot of your time, and I would not expect you to go to the trouble of writing a mod as well!

Is there another way of approaching the problem? (Or perhaps someone else, in your circles, might be interested in writing the mod?)

A

Anton_

I'm hugely relieved to know I'm not the only one!

I'm really curious, though, to know why it does not seem to affect everyone? Except for very recently adding TickProfiler, i haven't modified the mod pack, and presumably most others haven't either? If most of us are using the same game software, why do some have crashe?

Last edited:

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
I'm really curious, though, to know why it does not seem to affect everyone?
If only there were a uniform answer to that question. :)

Everyone has slightly different hardware and software (however that is not the issue here) and everyone plays their modded world slightly differently, resulting into different setups in different places, with different machines littered around. That is why some people have issues, while others do not.

A

Anton_

Interesting. I had no problems at all until the modpack was updated to version 1.9 - that was the beginning of the frequent crashes.

AFAIR, I hadn't set up any new machines, and certainly none outside what DW20 was showcasing in his Let's Play. I assumed it must be some interaction between something new in the updated modpack and something else local to my computer?

A

Anton_

If only there were a uniform answer to that question.
Just wondering -- is it possible that the problem may be related to my ISP or internet connection?

Reason: crashes occur at apparently completely random intervals (varying from a few minutes to several hours) and, while there seems to a noticeable association with RefStrg grid accesses, that is not consistent. The periods of highest frequency crashes seems to be at times when other people, perhaps neighbours, might be using the internet, e.g., weekends, evenings, etc.

Is it worth getting hold of my ISP's tech support?

Robijnvogel

May 8, 2013
Just wondering -- is it possible that the problem may be related to my ISP or internet connection?

Reason: crashes occur at apparently completely random intervals (varying from a few minutes to several hours) and, while there seems to a noticeable association with RefStrg grid accesses, that is not consistent. The periods of highest frequency crashes seems to be at times when other people, perhaps neighbours, might be using the internet, e.g., weekends, evenings, etc.

Is it worth getting hold of my ISP's tech support?
Your internet connection shouldn't have anything to do with this.

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk