Frankly, why no 1.6?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I think that the "turtles being broken" comment is more about them being able to do whatever they like, rather then them not working as intended. I've never even considered disabling them myself, so I don't know whether it really IS difficult to place restrictions on them, but I do notice people posting about it from time to time.

(Mind you, a good percentage of those posts are from people whose turtles have BEEN restricted, and they can't work out why.)

That said, one server crash and odds are all your turtles get assigned new ids (meaning they lose their accessories and code). They're not as stable as I'd like.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The only counterargument that has come up until recently is that they need to refine the modpacks before distributing to a wide audience.

I have several problems with that:

1. NOT EVEN ONE modpack by FTB was ever stable, not totally bug-ridden and/or server/user friendly at all. The nature of minecraft modding forbids that and it was never achieved to begin with.

2. Waiting for single mods when there is tons more around is just extremly dumb, if you gonna continue that you customarily force people to stay at a lower version (server owners and admins most particular) and do no good at all.

So in synopsis:
Why don't you guys throw together a pack of decent 1.6 mods (can't be worse then unleashed by any means regarding lags/crashes/dupe bugs/map corruption/etc. It literally CANNOT BE WORSE)?

aah, there we go. another person who thinks making modpacks and launchers is as easy as pie.
to all those people, have you ever made public modpacks and launcher like FTB has? no? then why are you even thinking you know how it's done?