Problem Frametime spikes while playing FTB Modpacks

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Doktor KlingeL

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
i hope you have a nice weekend!

Recently I started to play Minecraft after a long time again. So I downloaded various FTB Modpacks just to get the feel for what I would like to play. But after trying 4 different Modpacks I realized that I get this microlag every 2 seconds or so. In this case I started FTB Sky Odyssey. To see whats going on I also fired up Riva Tuner:

Unbenannt.PNG

And as you can see the frametime jumps quite a bit from like 1.2 ms to 3 or even 10ms every like 2 seconds. If I limit my framerate to 60 fps the frametime jumps occur every 0.5 seconds or so. (Ignore the stats of my graphics card I havent updated Riva Tuner for a while)

I have 32 GB DDR4 3200Mhz Ram installed. I allocated 6 GB of RAM to FTB. Lowering or rising the allocated RAM does not change anything. Interestingly I did not change anything since the last time I played the game and other games run perfectly fine.

What I have tried so far:
- Trying giving Minecraft through the FTB App more or less RAM to see what happens.
- Updated Java to "Version 8 Update 321 (Build 1.8.0_321-b07)"
- Reinstalled Java
- Windows 10 is up to date with Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1526) -> Or at least there are no new updates available
- Limit my FPS in Minecraft to 60 and 144 fps