Frames and the Multiblock Structure

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
So, I have an idea in its infancy, mostly just the general idea stage, and I'm coming into some questions I have no experience with yet. Why not flex the power of the FTB Forums to do my homework for me, right?

So, I've been thinking about building a small spaceship in a void age (likely RFTools, not that it matters). I'm considering making it around a moving frame, but I plan to have at least one multiblock structure on board. I've not dealt with frames in any capacity, and other than a few Mod Spotlights I have little knowledge of their mechanics. Is it possible to move a multiblock structure on a frame ship? Will i have any issues with using Carpenter's Blocks on it? Are there any tips and tricks for manipulating frames that beginners often overlook? Any help is appreciated.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think most multiblock structures will work. They'll only work if you can get a frame block adjacent to every block of the multiblock, which can't happen with any multiblock with internal blocks

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think most multiblock structures will work. They'll only work if you can get a frame block adjacent to every block of the multiblock, which can't happen with any multiblock with internal blocks

That's kind of what I figured, although I thought maybe there was a chance somehow. A man can dream...

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Railcraft Coke Oven and Blast Furnace, though most frames will move internal blocks if they're pushing. So long as the multi-block is completely surrounded, it can push in any direction.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Coke ovens are hollow, so there would be no internal block to move. A BR Turbine on the other hand...

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
So long as your turbine has it's blades touching the coils on one side, and the exterior on the other, it shouldn't be an issue.