fps problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

blablajev

Jul 29, 2019
I am wondering if i'm doing something wrong or just that my computer isn't strong enough. I play ultimate on normal render distance, fast graphics and smooth lighting off and the first minute my fps is at 15-20 but then it starts decending down to 10 and sometimes for just 1 or 2 seconds i get ike 3 fps.
I have laptop hp pavilion dv 7 with 8 GB ram and intel core i7 -2670QM @ 2,20GHz operating windows 7 home premium 64 bit
btw I intalled optifine and it did't change anything
please tell me if I can change something in the settings or just bye a new computer thanks

DrRedstoneCreep

Jul 29, 2019
I know exactly what the problem is: the reason you start off with pretty good FPS and then it declines is because of chunk loading. When you first load a world a handful of chunks are loaded so your FPS is fine, but when TONS of chunks start loading at the same time it becomes an issue. I had the same problem. the only way to fix it is to turn down your render distance and turn on lazy chunk loading with optifine. The lazy chunk loading makes it so that the game with only render chunks that it needs to instead of loading every single chunk. It is good that you installed optifine but you need to change the settings which the video made by sleeplesstreamer should help with this:

Hope this helped! :)

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I am wondering if i'm doing something wrong or just that my computer isn't strong enough. I play ultimate on normal render distance, fast graphics and smooth lighting off and the first minute my fps is at 15-20 but then it starts decending down to 10 and sometimes for just 1 or 2 seconds i get ike 3 fps.
I have laptop hp pavilion dv 7 with 8 GB ram and intel core i7 -2670QM @ 2,20GHz operating windows 7 home premium 64 bit
btw I intalled optifine and it did't change anything
please tell me if I can change something in the settings or just bye a new computer thanks

You could try the steps in the video but honestly laptops are not designed for gaming. A steady fps of 25, which is the minimum, required for smooth gameplay.

blablajev

Jul 29, 2019
I know exactly what the problem is: the reason you start off with pretty good FPS and then it declines is because of chunk loading. When you first load a world a handful of chunks are loaded so your FPS is fine, but when TONS of chunks start loading at the same time it becomes an issue. I had the same problem. the only way to fix it is to turn down your render distance and turn on lazy chunk loading with optifine. The lazy chunk loading makes it so that the game with only render chunks that it needs to instead of loading every single chunk. It is good that you installed optifine but you need to change the settings which the video made by sleeplesstreamer should help with this:

Hope this helped! :)

thank you for the help but it didn't improve my fps much. I realy think that I should buy a new computer :(

NimeniAltu666

Jul 29, 2019
I had this problem, in my case it had nothing to do with optifine, graphiics drivers or being a laptop(i have a pc but with a laptop wouldn't make ant difference). All i did is allocate more ram to Feed The Beast. :)

Reactions: TheSandwichMakr

blablajev

Jul 29, 2019
I tried allocating all my 8 GB but it did't make a difference. Then i read that the best is between 2 and 4 and i tried but still no difference. How can I re install graphics drivers? because I haven't done it yet and I don't know what it is exactly

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Search for the drivers for your graphics card and install them, to figure out which graphics card you have you can use a program called gpu-z.

Status
Not open for further replies.