FPS Lag Issue on DW20 pack

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

kasimarshad123

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I'm new to the forums and I want to play some FTB. The problem is that I have a really bad fps lag and I rarely get 5 FPS at max. This is, obviously, unplayable. I have the latest java version, drivers are new from manufacturers website and everything is working fine. I can even play quite high demand games without any problems. Normal minecraft runs at around 40-60 FPS and allocating RAM isn't much of an issue either because people usually suggest about 2.5 - 3GB.
Specs:
AMD Quad-Core Processor A4-5000
Radeon HD 8330
6GB DDR3 L Memory (5.44 GB usable)
750GB HDD
(It's a laptop)
If any more specs or info is needed, let me know. Thanks :D

EDIT: Sorry almost forgot this
Operating System, bit type: Windows 8 (64 bit)
Java version/update, bit type: Version 7 Update 51 (64 bit)
Launcher version: v1.3.4

Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried these arguments? They do wonders. Also make sure you do not have anything else running like a web browser. Or anything in the background like an antivirus program running a scan.

kasimarshad123

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply,
Yes, I tried that. Also there are NO background apps running. No browsers or anything. Just FTB.

kasimarshad123

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I guess I didn't explain properly, sorry, it's an issue for whole of minecraft, including main screen. The funny thing is, after loading up my ssp world and pressing esc while F3 mode is on, it shows I apparently get 30-40 fps and I can mouse around properly. Opposite when I get off the esc menu. So should I upload both then?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I have been looking at the specs for the cpu in your laptop and it is very underpowered for gaming.

I would try using, but I don't recommend, optifine to see if that will help your fps issues.

The reason I don't recommend it is because the program is known to break things but unfortunately it is the only thing that may help. Check the thread below for informatio about adding and using optifine.

Unfortunately if in the future you do get a crash and come to these forums for help the first thing you will be asked to do is remove optifine to see if that is causing the crash.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/direwolf20-1-6-4-optifine-wont-work.35468/

Neocentric

Jul 29, 2019
Try turning off Opis mini-map. With the new update to the D20 pack I was having major lag issues until I turned the Opis mini-map off.

kasimarshad123

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using v1.0.11 on DW20 pack which (I don't think) has Opis. I will try Optifine to see if my fps suffers less. Thanks for the replies :D

kasimarshad123

Jul 29, 2019
2014-02-17 18:10:38 [SEVERE] [TConstruct] [Environment Checks] Optifine detected. This is a Bad Thing(tm) and can crash Minecraft due to an Optifine bug during TCon armor renders!

Found this in a log. Is this normal?

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
2014-02-17 18:10:38 [SEVERE] [TConstruct] [Environment Checks] Optifine detected. This is a Bad Thing(tm) and can crash Minecraft due to an Optifine bug during TCon armor renders!

Found this in a log. Is this normal?
yes, Optifine is no longer compatible with FTB's newer packs, You can use it with 1.5.2 if you change the fonts in the Power armor config but in 1.6.4 you cant use optifine

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK

kasimarshad123

Jul 29, 2019
I really do need to use it. I got from max 5 FPS to 30FPS. Big improvement to me, thanks. (Installing it worked well thanks for the link too)

Status
Not open for further replies.