Problem FPS issues

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
H

hank1985

Ok i am playing Sky Factory and my Frames runs around 600 to 700 ant some point my frames drop to 0 for reasons i have no idea. i started to turn off mods from twitch to see if that helps. can someone tell me witch mods that effects on fps so i can turn off or there is a mod with bad coding.

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
are you playing on a server or local singleplayer?
i do know that using a collossal chest (especially with refined storage) causes a lot of lag.

but also, from my recent experience the game gets terribly laggy in general later on.
i am playing on a 4GB server, it worked fine most of the time. but now.- after completing most of the quests, the server got so terribly laggy that i need to move to a server with more performance.
i think there is no way to avoid it, as there is more and more automation and stuff going on.

MiK3gamer

Jul 29, 2019
Yea. So that might be it. The same problem that kills our server is killing your fps. Since your client is doing the stuff that our server does.
Still don't know if it is a problem with a specific mod, or the genral amount of automation in the later game.
But I'd guess it is more the later game intensity.

So to solve yoir problem ...
Run your map on a powerful server, even though you're only playing by yourself.
(Or get a better PC, but thats much more expensive)

We are about to move to a vserver soon. We tested one with 6 GB Ram (5GB for minecraft) and 6 cpu cores (not sure how powerful they are).
It wasn't able to run our end game map.
So we will need to upgrade it to a more powerful server, which will be around 20€ a month

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
The other option, which I had to do with Infinity Evolved Hard mode, is once you have a system completely automated and "infinite" as you move along replace the Rube Goldberg with a cheated in storage drawer with vending upgrade . This will cut down on some of the lag by removing a log of the pipes and what-have-you that causes tic rate to tank. I would usually replace all the parts of my machines with glass so it still took up the space but became mostly lagless.

H

hank1985

I still can't get my FPS right. is there a mod is the biggest or mods is not worth having