FPS Disaster!

O

oOShadowBonnieOo

This is my first ever thread in this website so plz forgive(?) me if I had posted this in the wrong section.
I ran into a HUGE problem. You know, if you have like, no mods, you will have like, a 100 FPS or something colse to it (If you have your graphics set to fast) and if you have like, 16 mods, you will probably have something close to 50? 40? (If you have Optifine and FPS Plus used together.) But I have 30 FPS in vanilla and 8~20 FPS if I have 16 mods with optifine and FPS Plus! Imagine what disaster would happen if I play a modpack with a 100 mods... For a bonus, my PC ISN'T bad at all. Sure, it's not excellent, but it has 4GB of RAM still remaining. Its software is Windows 10 and its hardware is Lenovo. It is pretty decent. I removed every useless things in my download and background but it STILL lags. When I search the internet, it takes a few seconds to load but after that, it is perfectly fine. It only happens when I play minecraft. Plz help me. T.T

R

RealKBizzle

Hello. I personally have an older laptop I am running Sky Factory 3 on. It has like a first gen I5 processor, 6 gb of ram, and Intel Integrated Graphics. When I started playing, lag was bearable. As I added more machines, it got terrible..... litterally 3-4 FPS constantly. At the time I was not running optifine. I had read where in modpacks, it may not have any benefit. I set my render distance to 4 blocks, set FPS to unlimited, set all visual enhancers like clouds, rain, etc to fast. Seemed to help a little bit. After all of that, i went ahead and added optifine. Now, it didn't help anything but..... it did have more options. Specifically the option to turn off all particles. With all of this combined, it has been running like i never thought it could. No major screen tearing or graphical issues. Is it pretty, no. At least i can play though without raging.... I am not near my computer to give you a full settings list but if you would like to know, I can get for you later.