Fountain

San

Jul 29, 2019
This is a fountain that uses sprinklers to create a splashing particle effect

The tubes providing water are (mostly) hidden by microblocks.
There's 4 on the first level and 4 raised up, distributing the particles in a crossed pattern
The surrounding ground is made of Topiary Grass to prevent tall grass from spreading

2014-07-03_17.09.59.png

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I've been looking for a nice fountain for a while now. Thanks for this :D

Time for a gif!

Edit: it broke... I'll repost it layer :(

mike spy

Jul 29, 2019
that drawbridge water fountain. hmmm set a timer on it to make it where the drawbridge is always covered in water. this seems like a challenge

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Oh yeah fountains totally don't look like pillars of water
Sorry
My bad

Next time I'll try to make my fountain look more like water that's being contained by a little box
None of the pictures you just linked showed anything near a 3x3+ meter solid column of water, which is what I personally don't like with any attempt(including my own, it is not an attack on you so calm down) on making fountains in MC.

If there was some way of making it out of "blocks of water spray" or something, then I would be very exited about it.

San

Jul 29, 2019
None of the pictures you just linked showed anything near a 3x3+ meter solid column of water, which is what I personally don't like with any attempt(including my own, it is not an attack on you so calm down) on making fountains in MC.

If there was some way of making it out of "blocks of water spray" or something, then I would be very exited about it.
That's a pretty shite non-apology

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That's a pretty shite non-apology
I did not know I had to apologize for liking your post and telling that I liked the new idea(the sprinkers). After all isn't that what you posted the thread to show off? The water block fountain is as old as MC itself, and everyone have done it. And how would stating my own opinion(on which I am clearly not alone) for this old vanilla design be any attack on you personally and would require me to apologize?

By now I think the one owing someone an apology would be you, but lets just calm down and move on.