Forum Update

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Today the forums were updated so you can probably expect to see a new things about and probably some bugs, feel free to report them to me here or in the web feedback system and I'll fix them as soon as I can.

Basic changelog:
Poll Improvements
New profile post features
Anti-spam improvements (Yayyyy)
Improvements to replying (Highlight this text)
Online status indicator

Twitter and google signup as well as existing facebook signup
Many admin improvements
Various other improvements

I will also be updating some other things around the forums over the next few days :)

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Thanks Captinnana, Hopefully most of the spam will be gone.

:D Yey XenForo update 1.4.2 :p

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Chaka

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Squidward-Freaking-Out-About-The-Future-On-spongebob-Squarepants.gif

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Wrll I just reported one spam but it might be that im on tapatalk.

Sent from my flux armor using the tappatalk app from the flux store

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
The update doesn't seem to have reduced the level of spam, but it does seem to have made it SO much easier to delete it.

Just to make sure it's not a bug- I'm supposed to be allowed to ban spammers from the forums, right? That seems like it could be easily abused, Or does that option when clicking spam just report the user to an admin for use of the ban hammer?

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not actually done updating yet so there are some areas that could still be letting spam though, if we've still got issues after I'm done we can look into some other options.
As for the spam cleaner anyone on the team can access it and it can be easily undone if needed :)

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm *very* happy that at least some action is being taken to combat the spam. It was really getting out of hand lately.
I seem to recall that they were holding off on doing anything about spam (at least in terms of plugins or modifications) until this update, so they didn't have to update any plugins when they did do this update.
As always, I'm guessing based on my occasionally-faulty memory, pls don't assume I'm right

TheMechEngineer

Jul 29, 2019
The spam only seems to happen around a certain time in the day, for me it's 3pm AEST which is 10pm for San Francisco.

AndersWithTheCat

Jan 23, 2013
Denmark
i would really like a better way to do poll's as in putting a large text under it with all the info about what the vote is, and so the poster can delete the poll would be a good thing

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Sorta Kinda But Still A Bit Off / On Topic.
@Captainnana Am I doing the right thing by reporting all the spam I see on the forums (From Bots) Or Should i just give up?

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Sorta Kinda But Still A Bit Off / On Topic.
@Captainnana Am I doing the right thing by reporting all the spam I see on the forums (From Bots) Or Should i just give up?

But giving up means the Spambots win...NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!

As a rough guide as to the spam rate- Just cleaned up 15 spam posts from a period of 3 hours. Maths tells us that's 5 Spambots an hour