Forum Moderator Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
  • Any additional information you want to add:
Pad's a pretty well-known member of the FTB community - he's in the phoenix team, and was once a wiki team member, so we know he can definitely work well in the moderation team. He can often be seen talking on the side of reason in many debates, as well as doing his best to hose down flamewars and people getting angry. I've known him a while now, and I think he's a really great guy, a valued member of the community, and would be a wonderful addition to the moderation staff.
I seventh?!? this

Reactions: Chaka and Padfoote

Hanii Puppy

Jul 29, 2019
  • Username of Self: @Chaka
  • Recommendation 1: Not Yet Applicable
  • Recommendation 2: Not Yet Applicable
I have been around in the community for over a year now. I have seen the forum at its best, and at its worst. So I have gotten to love the forum and its community, and hate those spam bots. I currently do my best with forum moderation with the report button and the spam cleaner. I have my own minecraft server and I use XenForo as our forum software (it is quite expensive). I have learned the in's and out's of forum moderation on my forum & in the Third Party Team area, I feel now that I am ready to graduate to the next level.

I wish everyone else the best of luck.

Thanks.

Also I would like to 8th this

1st'd, @Chaka

Reactions: Chaka

skunkdonkey

Jul 29, 2019

I have been around in the community for over a year now. I have seen the forum at its best, and at its worst. So I have gotten to love the forum and its community, and hate those spam bots. I currently do my best with forum moderation with the report button and the spam cleaner. I have my own minecraft server and I use XenForo as our forum software (it is quite expensive). I have learned the in's and out's of forum moderation on my forum & in the Third Party Team area, I feel now that I am ready to graduate to the next level.

I wish everyone else the best of luck.

Thanks.

Also I would like to 8th this

I second @Chaka

Reactions: Chaka
C

chbachman

Pad's a pretty well-known member of the FTB community - he's in the phoenix team, and was once a wiki team member, so we know he can definitely work well in the moderation team. He can often be seen talking on the side of reason in many debates, as well as doing his best to hose down flamewars and people getting angry. I've known him a while now, and I think he's a really great guy, a valued member of the community, and would be a wonderful addition to the moderation staff.
I eighth this

Reactions: Padfoote

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Nomination: @VapourDrive (myself)
Recommendation 1: @chbachman
Recommendation 2: @Gideonseymour
Recommendation 3: @Celestialphoenix
Recommendation 4: @Padfoote
Recommendation 5: @the_j485
Recommendation 6: @goreae
Recommendation 7: @Vals NoisyToys
Recommendation 8: @Elec332

Additional Information: I have enjoyed being a part of the forums for almost 2 years and have always appreciated the moderation that has been done, now that there is room for new moderators I would like to contribute to this. I have been trusted user for most of my time on the forums now, I am one of the background moderators (and proud member) on the Phoenix Team and I've played a large part in keeping the discussion in various threads in line. I understand the fundamentals of respecting people and their opinions and want to see the community around Feed the Beast flourish. I don't post as much as others may, but I read a lot and make the posts I contribute matter.

Last edited:
C

chbachman

Recommendation 1: (to be filled)
Recommendation 2: (to be filled)

Additional Information: I have enjoyed being a part of the forums for almost 2 years and have always appreciated the moderation that has been done, now that there is room for new moderators I would like to contribute to this. I have been trusted user for most of my time on the forums now, I am one of the background moderators (and proud member) on the Phoenix Team and I've played a large part in keeping the discussion in various threads in line. I understand the fundamentals of respecting people and their opinions and want to see the community around Feed the Beast flourish. I don't post as much as others may, but I read a lot and make the posts I contribute matter.
Seconded

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Recommendation 2: (to be filled)

Thirded

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Recommendation 2: @Gideonseymour

I also support this. So, fourthed?

Reactions: VapourDrive

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
When choosing people for the role of moderator we will be looking for the following skills and experience.
  • Length of time of membership on FTB forums.
  • Post history.
  • Standing in community.
  • Previous forum moderation experience.
(When I got picked)

Length : Couple of days
Post history : I was in tech support (Which was just googling to see if others had the problem and then telling that person how to fix from what I seen)
Standing : None
Previous Exp : None (However did admin one (Which never asked about anyway))

Opinion of this whole 'Pick yourself or someone else' isn't the best way of doing this.
A lot (not all) picked will most likely be posted due to popularity or some type of connection to that person.
Picking yourself is never seen as a good thing either so people that are low on said chain are at a disadvantage already.

All in all it just seems an easy way out to get staff and not having to worry about spending time to hand pick / talk to that person you think will fit best in a role.

Again most (not all) people that are selected by other people may not even want to be a moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.