Forum Moderator Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big Bad

The FTB forum team is now looking to expand and add an additional new moderation team for the forums. We will be looking to recruit several moderators who will be responsible for monitoring content on the FTB forums. Amongst the responsibilities will be ensuring that forum topics are generally kept on topic and moving threads and posts to appropriate sections when needed. They will also be asked to ensure that members of the forums refrain from getting involved in heated exchanges where the topics of conversation cross the normal boundaries of what is and is not appropriate for a youth friendly forum. Previous experience of forum software is preferred but not essential, however a good understanding of general software technology is something that would be highly useful when learning how to use forum tools.

Whilst FTB runs the forums, this is your community and we feel that moving forwards, the community should have a hand in helping to select the forum moderators. Our proposal for the selection of mods is as follows:

You can either volunteer yourself, or nominate someone else on the forums that you feel would be appropriate for the role. If you are volunteering yourself, you will need to find at least 2 other existing members in good standing to second and third your nomination. If you are volunteering someone else, you will need to find one other member (excluding the nominated member) to third the nomination. From there, depending on how many names we get, we will pick from the nominated members. If there are a wide spread of nominations, we will look to hold a form of election where the community can have a greater say in who will be eligible to be invited to become a moderator.

When choosing people for the role of moderator we will be looking for the following skills and experience.
  • Length of time of membership on FTB forums.
  • Post history.
  • Standing in community.
  • Previous forum moderation experience.
If you are interested in either nominating yourself or someone else, please fill in the following form and submit it to this topic. Additionally, if you wish to second or third a candidate, please post your recommendations here as well. We will move to the next stage in a couple of weeks.
  • Username of Self/Nominee:
  • Recommendation 1:
  • Recommendation 2*:
    *Only needed if recommending self
  • Any additional information you want to add:

After you have submitted your application to this topic and have accrued the necessary seconds and thirds, please edit your post with permalinks containing said nominations .

Example:
  • Additional Information:
Very punctual and fair. Is familiar with forum software and has extensive knowledge of the community. Can speak 2 different languages and runs on Lunix.​
We look forward to your nominations!

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
  • Username of Self: DZCreeper
  • Recommendation 1: L0NExW0LF (Permalink)
  • Recommendation 2: Not Yet Nominated
Constantly accessing and checking FTB forums anyway, mostly lurking unless I am summoned or well informed on a topic. Been doing that since Dec 1, 2012.
Excellent at research, particularly for technical details.
Currently in charge of F32Organization which updates Faithful 32 Modded Edition texture pack. Apparently this makes me popular, still not sure how that happened. http://www.f32.me/

Edit: Trimmed down application to bare minimum relevant information.

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Well, I'm sure you already know me, as I work for you. I've been on the FTB forums since 2012, although most of it (until summer of last year) was just lurking. However, since then I've accrued the most likes and trophy points out of everyone on the forums, and made over 3,000 posts. I've done moderation on these forums for the Phoenix Team, and I was one of the first three people to get the Spam Cleaner button. I know that I've already got a lot on my plate from developing modpacks for you and the Phoenix Team, but you have to keep in mind - I spend a good portion of my day unable to access any computer capable of running Minecraft. As such, I am limited to just browsing the forums for hours on end. If you take away my "FTB Modpack Developer" tag, the default is "Never Leaves," which I find to be a very accurate tag.

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
  • Username of Self/Nominee: @Gideonseymour
  • Recommendation 1: Not Yet Applicable
  • Recommendation 2: Not Yet Applicable
Well, I'm sure you already know me, as I work for you. I've been on the FTB forums since 2012, although most of it (until summer of last year) was just lurking. However, since then I've accrued the most likes and trophy points out of everyone on the forums, and made over 3,000 posts. I've done moderation on these forums for the Phoenix Team, and I was one of the first three people to get the Spam Cleaner button. I know that I've already got a lot on my plate from developing modpacks for you and the Phoenix Team, but you have to keep in mind - I spend a good portion of my day unable to access any computer capable of running Minecraft. As such, I am limited to just browsing the forums for hours on end. If you take away my "FTB Modpack Developer" tag, the default is "Never Leaves," which I find to be a very accurate tag.

I second this nomination.

Reactions: the_j485

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
I'm unsure if I count as an "existing member in good standing" as I lurk nowaways mostly, but if so I'm happy to third this.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Second third ot whatever

skunkdonkey

Jul 29, 2019
  • Username of Self/Nominee: @skunkdonkey
  • Recommendation 1: Not yet applicable
  • Recommendation 2: Not yet applicable
  • Any additional information you want to add: I love the community of FTB and all its staff. For this reason, i would love to give something back to FTB and help them out. Also, i am quite good at using forum software. I know i have only been on the forums for a few months but have been quite active and i am having an amazing experience.

016Nojr

Dec 11, 2013
Norway
  • Username of Self: 016Nojr
  • Recommendation 1: Blank
  • Recommendation 2: Blank
Loves helping people.
Active on the FTB Forums.
Very patient.
FTB Werewolf player (thanks @goreae)
FTB Werewolf GM (thanks @goreae)
Norwegian

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I second this!

Reactions: Padfoote

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Pad's a pretty well-known member of the FTB community - he's in the phoenix team, and was once a wiki team member, so we know he can definitely work well in the moderation team. He can often be seen talking on the side of reason in many debates, as well as doing his best to hose down flamewars and people getting angry. I've known him a while now, and I think he's a really great guy, a valued member of the community, and would be a wonderful addition to the moderation staff.

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
  • Username of Nominee: @Padfoote
  • Recommendation 1:
  • Recommendation 2*:
Pad's a pretty well-known member of the FTB community - he's in the phoenix team, and was once a wiki team member, so we know he can definitely work well in the moderation team. He can often be seen talking on the side of reason in many debates, as well as doing his best to hose down flamewars and people getting angry. I've known him a while now, and I think he's a really great guy, a valued member of the community, and would be a wonderful addition to the moderation staff.
Seconded

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
  • Recommendation 1:
  • Recommendation 2*:
Thirded

Numbah90

Jul 29, 2019
  • Recommendation 1:
  • Recommendation 2*:
I third this reccomendation
*ninja'd

Elec332

Jul 29, 2019
I fifth this

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019

I 7th this? :p

I fourth this! Or is it fifth?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
  • Username of Nominee: Padfoote
  • Recommendation 1:
  • Recommendation 2:
  • Recommendation 3:
  • Recommendation 4:
6thed?

ParAdoX83

Jul 29, 2019

phoenix-team combo-breaker!!!

agreed ^_^

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
I have been around in the community for over a year now. I have seen the forum at its best, and at its worst. So I have gotten to love the forum and its community, and hate those spam bots. I currently do my best with forum moderation with the report button and the spam cleaner. I have my own minecraft server and I use XenForo as our forum software (it is quite expensive). I have learned the in's and out's of forum moderation on my forum & in the Third Party Team area, I feel now that I am ready to graduate to the next level.

I wish everyone else the best of luck.

Thanks.

Also I would like to 8th this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.