Forum Game - The Ban Game

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
banned for being on drugs.
upload_2016-4-22_6-47-58.png

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
banned for probably using tapatalk and thus if I remember correctly not seeing the signatures of people which probably is the reason you don't get the windreaper thing

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
banned because php makes me sad once again.
echo $this->$someVariable;
Normally works and is comparable to this code in lua print(self[someVariable])
The problem I now have is that what I want to get is a specific item in an array stored in $this->$someVariable
My first plan was to just write like I would normally do which is $this->$someVariable['the thing I want'];
Except that php is "nice" and thinks that ['the thing I want'] refers to the string stored inside $someVariable which causes a stringOffset error. (I am not blaming php for thinking that as it kind of makes sense, though it is only a problem because of php's syntax )

so..yea...I need to find the correct syntax that is only needed for this specific thing I guess >_<

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
banned for original reasoning /s

also, for those that like to know the syntax its:
$this->{$someVariable}['the thing you want']

Also, I discovered that my editor helps when doing "stupid" things like "This string $totally works as expected"
(what I just did is pretty much the same as "This string" . $totally . "works as expected")

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Banned because technically, you get a 15-card sideboard (if I remember correctly) in addition to your Commander (which is part of your 100-card deck).