Forgot the name of a certain third party modpack?

A

austin741830

A long time ago I played a 3rd party modpack and would like to try it again, but i've forgotten the name. It used Hardcore Questing in combination with IguanasTinkerTweaks. The area I spawned in was kind of a dried out forest. You had to use mob heads to upgrade tinkers' tools mining level.

If anyone knows what this is called please let me know, thanks. (I've already looked through the list of current and removed 3rd party packs and I couldn't find it)

A

austin741830

no mining was still possible, it was basically like agrarian skies 2 but on the ground.

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
When you talk about a dried out world, Crash Landing pops into my head. But not sure if that's the one.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm with @joshwoo70 - it sounds like Regrowth; the ground is mostly cracked sand type stuff, and there are dead trees about which you can get charcoal and deal wood from. You also have to hit the bits of dead grass to get seeds and stuff when you first start - and there are no ores in the ground, you have to use plants to get resources.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Was the dried out forest was just a biome, or was the entire world dried out?

What other details can you remember? Unusual crafting recipes, quest details?

A

austin741830

I believe it was just the forest biome that looked dried out because it was surrounded with normal forest. The forest had like orange/brownish grass and the trees were spruce iirc (there was no snow in the biome). I know 100% it wasn't regrowth or crash landing because my friends and I played those 2 first a lot, and then this one that I can't remember the name of.

The one detail that sets it apart the most (that I can remember as I only played it for about 2 hours total and then it used all my pc's memory) is that you had to use mob heads to upgrade through the mining levels with Tinker Tools (The whole modpack was focused around advancing through the mining levels). I believe mobs were also pretty difficult to kill as well. The server was really resource intensive and required like 5-6gb ram to run, so it would've had to have a lot of mods. I played it back when there was only the FTB launcher, not curse. Also, it was in the "3rd Party Modpacks" list, however, it's gone now. It also had Hardcore Questing as mentioned in the OP.

I also remember it being very hard to survive, my friend and I died a lot and had tons of death markers and gravestones. All the vanilla MC tools were disabled and were only there just to be used in crafting recipes. For example, the swords did almost no damage, and the pickaxes took years to mine something, and didn't give you any block after mining it.

Also, on a side note, thank you guys for all the responses. I thought people were just going to look at the thread and close it. But I really hope someone knows the name or has played it before.

EDIT
It may have been the New World modpack, going to install it and check it out now. I looked up a video but the guy was using vanilla tools, but I'm still going to make 100% sure.

-Just checked it out, it wasn't new world. damn.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The one detail that sets it apart the most (that I can remember as I only played it for about 2 hours total and then it used all my pc's memory) is that you had to use mob heads to upgrade through the mining levels with Tinker Tools
This is just an alternative config option for Iguana Tinker Tweaks - Experience is one setting, mob heads is another. Blood N Bones had that system; it also had hugely changed recipes for things and a much more in-depth tool mining level thing by integrating them all in with Metallurgy. It was pretty neat actually. But, its worldgen was fairly standard in terms of biomes I believe - no dried up forests as far as I know.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Ok, so far we have HQM, and some kind of grave stone mod (OpenBlocks, Gravestone). We also know it's not one of the usual modpacks, so something off the beaten path. It must have been made around 2014 or so. It's a high difficulty pack with a mining level progression.

Any other details to narrow it down?

A

austin741830

Ok, so far we have HQM, and some kind of grave stone mod (OpenBlocks, Gravestone). We also know it's not one of the usual modpacks, so something off the beaten path. It must have been made around 2014 or so. It's a high difficulty pack with a mining level progression.

Any other details to narrow it down?
I only played it for about 2 hours before I ran out of memory. That's about all I can remember. However, I believe it was blood n' bones, I'm trying it out right now.

Are there any modpacks that are just like agrarian skies 2 but on the ground instead of in the air?

EDIT
Just tried out blood n bones, it's really close to being it, but there is no questing.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Just tried out blood n bones, it's really close to being it, but there is no questing.
Dang, I thought that might have been it :\ I'd forgotten the questing.

That said, you should give Blood N Bones a go - its apparently really tough, but quite enjoyable!

A

austin741830

Yea Blood N bones looked pretty fun, but it didn't have the questmod and that's what I'm trying to look for. Thank you though.

S

Stratovarius1

So awhile ago, 6 months to a year or so, I used to play this modpack located in the third party pack section on the FTB launcher, pre-Curse Integration. This modpack was heavily centered around HQM and thr RFTools Dimension mod. The purpose of the pack was to build new dimensions, harvest resources from them, and build the items requested by the book. When you launched the game, you would spawn in a small ship with carpenters blocks and RFTools blocks on a side wall.

I would be very grateful if anyone has info regarding the name of this pack.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
So awhile ago, 6 months to a year or so, I used to play this modpack located in the third party pack section on the FTB launcher, pre-Curse Integration. This modpack was heavily centered around HQM and thr RFTools Dimension mod. The purpose of the pack was to build new dimensions, harvest resources from them, and build the items requested by the book. When you launched the game, you would spawn in a small ship with carpenters blocks and RFTools blocks on a side wall.

Pathfinder?

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019

I also was going to say Pathfinder.