ForgeEssentials released.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
It would be difficult to test on a stock FTB server, as this mod requires 1.4.5 of Minecraft while FTB is on 1.4.2, but very interesting. Shame the post is missing what actual commands it adds rather than just saying what Bukkit plugins it is like. Might try it though once FTB releases to 1.4.5

Seem to be seeing more and more of these coming out at the moment to replace Bukkit.

luacs1998

Jul 29, 2019
Ya. Hi. FE dev speaking.
If there's a lot of demand, and if RP2, and by extension the FTB packs don't come out by Sunday, we may backport pre3 (coming soon) to 1.4.2 for use with FTB.
But ya, I still have to discuss it with the rest first.

Reactions: QueWhat

Crezetique

Jul 29, 2019
This is a great big step towards managing FTB servers :D
Thanks for the hard work put into it luacs!

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Well this is something else to look forward to then on top of RP2, I'll be watching closely, certainly would be great to have permissions back (if you get it working).

Is the eventual plan to allow plugins (obviously not Bukkit ones, but ones created specifically for FE) to work? Also is it going to be open source or closed (couldn't find any license information - I guess this is a pretty low priority)? Not that I want to take your code apart :p.

Sorry for the questions - just interested :).

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Go go goooooooo gogogogogogogogoogoooooo

Need this like yesterday :)

Watching this thread like a hawk...

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
played around with it some on a test server i set up and my only pet peeve so far is that the replace command requires me to say not only the id of the material i want but also the material i am trying to change

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Ya. Hi. FE dev speaking.
If there's a lot of demand, and if RP2, and by extension the FTB packs don't come out by Sunday, we may backport pre3 (coming soon) to 1.4.2 for use with FTB.
But ya, I still have to discuss it with the rest first.

Adding my voice to the masses to bump up the demand :D Seriously, thanks for all the hard work. +1 Like.