Forgecraft - Meat Grinder Shown In Season 4 SMP - Episode 8 - Magic things

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Can you get passive mob Soul Shards in the current version? I was thinking it was just in the beta on that server. If you can, I might give it a go =)

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Well, in Mindcrack V7, you can't, that is sure (tested and failed)

Passive mob spawners would be really good to prevent all the noise that these mobs do when you have them all in one place.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
There's lots of new things being shown in that series to tease us with :D

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
It was added in V7 when soul shards was updated, which also fixed the wither skeleton trick.

TiGG

Jul 29, 2019
well as of now, the complete design of this wont work, for the defense golems are not in the game as of yet, it should be in the next update of thaurmcraft, but the soul shards do work for passives.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
well as of now, the complete design of this wont work, for the defense golems are not in the game as of yet, it should be in the next update of thaurmcraft, but the soul shards do work for passives.
Defense golems aren't necessary, there's plenty of ways to set up an abattoir.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a simple tutorial.

1. Get your animal soul shards and a brain in a jar.
2. Fill a room with grass and place your brain in a jar in the middle. (Basically the same setup shown by azanor).
3. Have melee turtles on the sides looping turtle.attack()
4. Place spawners in the middle.
5. Profit!!

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Tesla coil in the spawner room? wonder if that kills golems... but then you could always use a transposer for that issue.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no kidding. What I enjoyed the most is Extra Trees. Those blocks..oh god..they look amazing.
But I enjoyed watching this episode. People are so much more creative than me sometimes ):
Me too I hope he does the same thing with trees as he did with the bees and add a lot of them lmao.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
that's true, but to do that design would require the golem. and honestly, it would be alot easier, and well entertaining
Wouldn't be too hard, flowing water to push them into either a lava blade or a mobavator. In the latter case, you can calibrate the height of the mobavator to injure but not kill so you also get xp and entertainment. Or have a toggle switch so that your system funnels to a lava blade normally, but you can switch it to active mode if you want to grind some xp.

Heck, I know I'm going to do something like this for my game, I just need too much leather to not fully automate a beef processing plant.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Iron Golems out now in the 3.02 version of Thaumcraft (In Testing in the new Direwolf/Mindcrack packs), be aware that additional research is required for the golems to drop XP.