Forgecraft 3 Question (not asking to join btw!)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
hi ive been wanting to get forgecraft lite and since im on a mac i cant use multimc i tried downloading forge (recomended for 1.6.2)and copying over the mods from the download sev did to the mods folder and configs to congoig folder but it says This version of CodeChickenCore does not support minecraft version 1.6.2
Remove it from your coremods folder and check here for updates help?
I'm fairly certain that the mods in that pack are for 1.6.4, not 1.6.2.

Nick Dellhall

Jul 29, 2019
hi ive been wanting to get forgecraft lite and since im on a mac i cant use multimc i tried downloading forge (recomended for 1.6.2)and copying over the mods from the download sev did to the mods folder and configs to congoig folder but it says This version of CodeChickenCore does not support minecraft version 1.6.2
Remove it from your coremods folder and check here for updates help?

The FC3 pack is running on 1.6.4, if you're going with the latest 1.1 pack, I got it to work with forge version 1.6.4-9.11.1.933.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to indeed play FC3 (self-constructed so to speak) then definitely make sure you have MC 1.6.4. AND all mods for 1.6.4. It took me a little time to find them but I located them all and am now playing my own "version" of FC3.

Derping around with TC4 is tooooooooooooooooo much fun!

Thank you Azanor for another great version of TC.

Bel*.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
I've been running 1.6.4 for a couple of weeks with almost all of the same mods (updated versions) from Unleashed, plus a few more.

As for FC3, it seems they are doing a "back to the basics". Not a bad thing, per se. A necessary swing of the pendulum, if you will, but not a trend.

Have no doubt that a few months or a year or so, DW20 will be back in his fully automated glory.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've been running 1.6.4 for a couple of weeks with almost all of the same mods (updated versions) from Unleashed, plus a few more.

As for FC3, it seems they are doing a "back to the basics". Not a bad thing, per se. A necessary swing of the pendulum, if you will, but not a trend.

Have no doubt that a few months or a year or so, DW20 will be back in his fully automated glory.

I actually like the current forgecraft series by direwolf... it just started getting boring to see direwolf do the same thing over and over with each series, just more efficient everytime. now he has to try and do completely different kinds of things which is fun to see

Reactions: netchip and immibis

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like the current forgecraft series by direwolf... it just started getting boring to see direwolf do the same thing over and over with each series, just more efficient everytime. now he has to try and do completely different kinds of things which is fun to see

Fully agree with this as well...makes a change from the "usual".

On an unrelated note I noticed something weird in my world last night. Since I've always been interested in magical-type mods I decided to focus fully on TC4 after some initial mining. I'm currently at the first stage of my world (gathered quite some necessary resources, have an enchanting table setup, and just finished a skelly farm. Other than this, I'm now starting to research TC4...or at least I wanted to (did only nitor so far).

Since I simply wanted to dive into TC4 without taint effects, I turned off taint and eerie biome spreading for my FC3 instance (though I did this after initial world gen). Last night, however, when I was running around trying to find some slimes I passed a new eerie biome that I'm 100% sure wasn't there before (in fact, I found another new eerie biome just north of my current base as well right on top of a mountain that was simply an extreme hills edge biome previously).

Does anyone know perhaps how I can reverse this OR at least get rid of it?

FYI: from my base, both eerie biomes are approx 50-75 blocks away to the north east and south west. A magical forest biome was generated west of my base at initial world gen.

Thanks a bunch,
Bel*.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Fully agree with this as well...makes a change from the "usual".

On an unrelated note I noticed something weird in my world last night. Since I've always been interested in magical-type mods I decided to focus fully on TC4 after some initial mining. I'm currently at the first stage of my world (gathered quite some necessary resources, have an enchanting table setup, and just finished a skelly farm. Other than this, I'm now starting to research TC4...or at least I wanted to (did only nitor so far).

Since I simply wanted to dive into TC4 without taint effects, I turned off taint and eerie biome spreading for my FC3 instance (though I did this after initial world gen). Last night, however, when I was running around trying to find some slimes I passed a new eerie biome that I'm 100% sure wasn't there before (in fact, I found another new eerie biome just north of my current base as well right on top of a mountain that was simply an extreme hills edge biome previously).

Does anyone know perhaps how I can reverse this OR at least get rid of it?

FYI: from my base, both eerie biomes are approx 50-75 blocks away to the north east and south west. A magical forest biome was generated west of my base at initial world gen.

Thanks a bunch,
Bel*.

that's probably due to a node turning bad. using the ethereal bloom might help, or bottling the bad node might work, I don't know for sure because I never tried it myself

MagicLegend

Jul 29, 2019
but, i see Direwolf20 using a minimap wich i dont know the name of. I want it to use it on my own, so it's handy to have a name :p

ML

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
but, i see Direwolf20 using a minimap wich i dont know the name of. I want it to use it on my own, so it's handy to have a name :p

ML
The three minimap mods I usually see are: Rei's Minimap, Zan's Minimap, and MapWriter. If he's using what's coming standard in most FTB packs, it's likely Zan's.

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019

I saw that lack of mods makes you more creative thinking - like Dire did in today's episode when he used Etho vanilla redstone/ hopper timer - you know that Direwolf uses vanilla technique only when he must :) But vanilla timer looks wicked - but you can simply replace it with one block timer from Project RED.

active diamond

Jul 29, 2019
z

ML
zans mini map :)
you can use reis to not to different[DOUBLEPOST=1382897438][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm fairly certain that the mods in that pack are for 1.6.4, not 1.6.2.
hmm well i got it working with 1.6.2 only 2mods i had to manually download were the nei addons

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
z
zans mini map :)
you can use reis to not to different[DOUBLEPOST=1382897438][/DOUBLEPOST]
hmm well i got it working with 1.6.2 only 2mods i had to manually download were the nei addons

I have my "copy" working brilliantly on 1.6.4 for all mods (InvTweaks & REI's added). Only thing I cannot fathom, however, is why on earth my world seems to lack villages. So far, I've travelled about 2k blocks in every direction and I'm yet to find my first village (don't have any flight yet as I'm lacking one or other TC4 aspect to progress on my research (Instrumentum to be exact :( ).

If anyone has a clue as to why I'm lacking villages...or how to solve it (retrogen perhaps?)...

Cheers,
Bel*.

Nick Dellhall

Jul 29, 2019
BOP's settings disable village spawning in certain biomes, so I guess it depends which biomes you have around your area? And if you went with the default FC3 biome generation settings, I think the biomes are slightly larger than normal, further decreasing your chance of finding a village.

Visum785i

Jul 29, 2019
I download Forgecraft3 lite and have:
Failed to download the following files:

Pleace try again.

TitanBic

Jul 29, 2019
So has anyone actually gotten a dedicated server to work with FC3? I tried to set one up tonight and ran into some problems.

I did manage to get the server running, using forge 9.11.1.933. basically I installed the server and forge, then copied the "server.properties" from MultiMC FC3 instance. I then started up the server to generate the config and mods folders. Thirdly, I copied all the files from the "mods" and "config" folder inside the FC3 instance into the respective folders for my FC3 server folder.

Everything seems to be working fine except I can't craft certain items, the only item I've found that does this is iron nuggets. I'm unsure if this problem is affecting other recipes or not.
When I attempt to craft the nuggets, I place my iron ingot into the crafting table, the GUI shows the nuggets in the table output, but when I attempt to remove them from the output they show briefly on my cursor and then disappears. Likewise for shift-clicking.

This problem does not exist when we play in LAN mode either, so I'm quite sure that it's a server side issue.
If anyone has any ideas about what the cause of this could be or how it might be fixed I would be greatly appreciative of any input.

Thanks in advance.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a client-server sync. issue. Since LAN is fine, I would use that as your reference and copy its mods folder to the other machine.

For example, if your client was put in LAN mode and it worked, copy its mods folder up to the server. Wipe the server's mods folder before you do that.

If that doesn't work, then it's the MC core or Forge that have differences between your client and server.

Dark_Fury45

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to play forgecraft 3, my game crashes whenever I take damage. This forces me to play on peaceful, but that's boring and without endermen, creepers, zombies, spiders and skeletons, I'm missing out on important research for thaumcraft 4. Anyone know what might be causing this?